Favorite Genre?

What is your favorite Genre?

• Total voters

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
i dont get whats all these shit about rap coming from people who listen to rock?

if you dont like it, then dont you dont need to go around explaining what rap is like.

i can just easily tease about rock its not hard,

and rap is not talking, get that right. Otherwise it would be called talk music?

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Taken from Wikipedia:

Rapping (also known as emceeing, MCing, spitting, or just rhyming) is the rhythmic spoken delivery of rhymes and wordplay, one of the elements of hip hop music and culture.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
If rapping was talking it would be Spoken Word.
While I remain completely neutral in this matter of whether rap is talking or not, I'm of the opinion that Rap doesn't require as much talent as rock :p

und34d-rul3

Reaction score
anyone can rap if they spent their whole life doing it.... rock on the other hand requires talent.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
anyone can rap if they spent their whole life doing it.... rock on the other hand requires talent.

anyone can play guitar/drums/bass if they spend their life practicing it.
Rap requires talent of using words perfectly

We can argue on forever, its just some people who always wants to have a go at rap because they think its so shit that it doesn't belong to music.

Zakyath

Reaction score
lol, I want to hear those who think that rap is just normal talking talk. it's music, just as rock. Just a different kind of music. I can say that metal's not music, it's just screaming and lots of noise. It's a just as stupid statement.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
lol, I want to hear those who think that rap is just normal talking talk. it's music, just as rock. Just a different kind of music. I can say that metal's not music, it's just screaming and lots of noise. It's a just as stupid statement.

Pardon me but that's a really really stupid argument. The genre metal has got a huge amount of sub-genres, some of these that contains this screaming and noise you're taking up (death metal for example). Power metal for example aims for melodical songs that's acually joyful listening too. Helloween for example used to be speed metal but went from that to pioneers in the power metal genre, they now play some mixture between the two.

If you're planning on argumenting do not generalize since generalization is probably the worst thing you can possibly do in an argumentation.

Zakyath

Reaction score
You misunderstood. Yeah, I know it's stupid. That's why I said it. To make a point. I know what metal is, I listen to some metal bands, but it's just as stupid as when you guys are saying rap music is just talking, it's pretty much more than that.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
...And you didn't list the only genre that really means anything: Metal.

Which is why I didn't vote. :p

Although
"Hard Rock: This is for the stronger influence type rock music. If you like Heavy Metal, Punk, or any other heavier version of rock, vote this option."

But Hard Rock is nothing at all like metal...

Reaction score
I don't really know what genre these fit in..

Disturbed
Metallica
Children of Bodom
Dimmu Borgir
Drowning Pool
Ill Niño
Opeth
Sentenced

I can't say.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Metal's pretty good probably should have been a choice. Though to me it get's old listening to it, all the subgenres sound the same as each other. And Hair Metal sucks, for the record.

And the above poster, your songs belong in Hard Rock, most likely.

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
I'm Atreyu ---> Hard Rock, Metal.... And.. More Rock! I also love Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin.

OFF-TOPIC:
Favorite Atreyu song: Falling Down
Favorite Linkin Park song: Shadow of the day
Favorite Breaking Benjamin song: Medicate

Goblinman007

Reaction score
Ooh, Breaking Benjamin, many people dont know that one ;D Anyways, you left out Grunge :mad: But yeh, its quite a subgerne. I like Grunge, Metal (not too hard D: ), Rock, Pop (I guess..), funk-rock and so on. Well it is just so very hard to actually classify something as one gerne. My WMP classifies half of my music as Alternative :rolleyes: And theres some absurd classifications too. Since wher is Seether pop?

About that rap argument... Its Rythmically Arranged Poetry. So basically just Shakespares work raped. But I think it can be classified as music, it has the element of rythym. And I know some rappers, and I get it that some like it, I dont but anyways..

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Pardon me but that's a really really stupid argument. The genre metal has got a huge amount of sub-genres, some of these that contains this screaming and noise you're taking up (death metal for example). Power metal for example aims for melodical songs that's acually joyful listening too. Helloween for example used to be speed metal but went from that to pioneers in the power metal genre, they now play some mixture between the two.

If you're planning on argumenting do not generalize since generalization is probably the worst thing you can possibly do in an argumentation.

Who says rap doesn't has a lot of sub-genres? :rolleyes: If you don't manage to differentiate them and see the music in it then shut up. Honestly, I, a guy that listens to very little rock, would make no difference between a lot of rock genres, because they would sound alike to me. I admit that, since I don't listen to rock. If you don't listen to rap, then why talk shit?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.