FL Studio 9 Released!

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Time to patch up, I just read this on that news thingy in FL.

What's new you ask?

Few things I saw.

-Note Grouping - New feature (works on selecting, moving, resizing, deletion, muting, shifting using mouse-wheel).

-New Plugins -
>> -Autogun (free) - Sonic adventure, Based on Ogun.
>> -Sakura (demo)- String physical modelling instrument (this looks nice)
>> -Gross Beat (demo) - Real-time, audio-stream playback, pitch, position and volume manipulation effect
>> -Stereo Shaper (free) - Mid / Side stereo processing
>> -Vocodex - The last word in vocoders (free with Producer Edition).

-More Features for Lower $ Versions -
>> -SimSynth Live, DrumSynth Live, DX-10, WASP and WASP XT are now included in FL Studio (Fruity edition upwards).
>> -Fruity Reeverb 2 - Added Mid vs Side input signal processing.
>> -Fruity Wrapper - Now supports multiple inputs/outputs (free).
>> -Wavecandy - Visualization & analysis tools (free).
>> -Fruity Limiter - Compressor section now has sidechaining (free).

I'm pumped. :thup:

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I've been using the 8.5 beta software for a while, doesn't look like too much has changed since then.

For some reason only one of the three listed download sites actually has version #9 available, and the first one won't let me run the program (some weird error after downloading is done).

I tried a redownload, still wouldn't install.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing the Sakura and vocodex plugins, (A little disappointed that most of them are demo's though).

I honestly didn't even hear about this until I read the post. Thanks for updating me! :D

swe_suffer

Reaction score
I whould be pumped if it wasn't for I'm no FL user, back in time when i actually looked for a DAW, I thougth audio recoding in FL sucked. They seem to have updated this in this version, didn't they? However, I can't say im too dissapointed I didn't go for FL, it's an awesome program, but most DAWs practicaly works similar. :p

Much more exited on Komplete 6, how can it be so cheap? :cool:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Their new set of guitar samples are excellent by the way. It is definitely worth the time to upgrade.

You should check out Guitar Rig 4, it has excellent vst plugins for FL

I use it with my fender strat for great guitar effect and amp emulation, I wonder what it can do with FL

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
its sickkk.... does anyone know of good forums/ sites for support (other than the fl website)?

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
can you do musical typing with FL studio? (a la garage band)

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Has more issues recognizing hardware, I don't think it supports DXI any more, it crashed like 20 times more often (then version 8) when I used it, and it used far more processing power.

I really am unimpressed with it.

-Note Grouping - New feature (works on selecting, moving, resizing, deletion, muting, shifting using mouse-wheel).

Use of hot keys makes this a silly addition that takes longer to write with.

-New Plugins -
>> -Autogun (free) - Sonic adventure, Based on Ogun.
>> -Sakura (demo)- String physical modelling instrument (this looks nice)
>> -Gross Beat (demo) - Real-time, audio-stream playback, pitch, position and volume manipulation effect
>> -Stereo Shaper (free) - Mid / Side stereo processing
>> -Vocodex - The last word in vocoders (free with Producer Edition).

Autogun/Ogun is a flashy way of taking samples and looping/bending the sound and putting them through ADSR envelopes. Its nothign new, just an easy way for technical new comers to 'create' sounds. It personally is a complete and utter waste of time.

Sakura is trumped by any proper string instrument, its benefit is its easy to use, and 'looks nice'.

Grossbeat is a mix of pre-existing effects all in one place. Its nothing new, just looks flashy.

Stereo shaper looks good, FL lacked a good pan/stereo centric effect that was easy to use. However, the pre-existing Buzz Effect Adapter Stereo FX works pretty much the same (but its got lots of knobs and is not user friendly).

As for Vocodex, a vocoder is a vocoder, I don't really understand how a new one will do anything differently then the older. Probably has built in compressors or something silly like that.

-More Features for Lower $ Versions -
>> -SimSynth Live, DrumSynth Live, DX-10, WASP and WASP XT are now included in FL Studio (Fruity edition upwards).
>> -Fruity Reeverb 2 - Added Mid vs Side input signal processing.
>> -Fruity Wrapper - Now supports multiple inputs/outputs (free).
>> -Wavecandy - Visualization & analysis tools (free).
>> -Fruity Limiter - Compressor section now has sidechaining (free).

Simsynth, drumsynth, etc etc were pre-existing, their just making them a bit more available.

Reverb changes are poor, I found reeverb 2 a weak effect as is, adding more to it just isn't making me excited. I did not try it, but I stay clear of FLs reverb effects if I can. I prefer the outsourced ones I have.

Fruity Wrapper supporting more inputs outputs is a bit silly since you could already rewire and hook in tons of inputs outputs into the software. I'm not sure what the purpose of their changes here are. (If anyone knows, bring it up, PM me).

Wavecandy is as the name suggests, eye candy. Waste of time.

Limiter including sidechaining is good. You could already side chain by sending various mix channels to others and layer volume outputs to automate FX, however not everyone knows how to do that, so this IS probably the best thing they've done with the new FL.

I whould be pumped if it wasn't for I'm no FL user, back in time when i actually looked for a DAW, I thougth audio recoding in FL sucked.

It does, I get by using a hardware recording device then dumping the recordings into FL.

They seem to have updated this in this version, didn't they? However, I can't say im too dissapointed I didn't go for FL, it's an awesome program, but most DAWs practicaly works similar. :p

They've updated it a bit, but I don't think they made any major changes. I think it still requires the ASIO setup for most recording. (Which is silly.)

Couldn't tell ya; I use audacity for my recording. The vocoder is fun to play with though.

Look into Pro Tools, its vastly superior to audacity (and you can rewire with it, meaning you could open FL's vocoder in it.)

i was hoping they would improve their synthesiser softwares...

They improved some, but importing VSTs is the way to go, as is programming your own (as in twiddling knobs, and not using presets).

You should check out Guitar Rig 4, it has excellent vst plugins for FL

I use it with my fender strat for great guitar effect and amp emulation, I wonder what it can do with FL

I agree, Guitar Rig 4 (and previous versions) are quite dandy and blow FL's guitars out of the water. Sound fonts however are far cheaper and often do the trick as well with proper FX and mixing.

its sickkk.... does anyone know of good forums/ sites for support (other than the fl website)?

Asking here, some of the members are pretty handy with it and can help you out with the basics, from what I've seen on the FL forums and whatnot, there are a lot of people who do things in weird roundabout ways, or just miss tools completely.

Feel free to email me at [email protected], I'm pretty decent with the software.

http://www.warbeats.com/Default.aspx is an excellent source for FL tutorials and such.

Warbeat rambles alot, and he writes pretty simple stuff, I have yet to see him do anything complex, so bare in mind he's an early stepping stone.

can you do musical typing with FL studio? (a la garage band)

FL is midi capable, and the typing keyboard is a default controller, so yes you can jam buttons on it and have the software play sounds.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think we need to add something to the bottom of the front page that shows the Headline News forum that has a link to go to the News Forum Index so people can see there is more news. Do you guys see what I am saying, lets say you read all the articles on the front page and you get to the end and it just ends, no kind of link for MOAR!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Wednesday!
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.