Food Limit.

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
I am looking to set a Food limit for all players.
have this happen right when the map is loaded.

i will not be creating farms so i need the limit set to 0/150 starting the game.

thankyou,

ballzdeep85.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think it is in

Advanced > Gameplay Constants

doesn't have editor on this computer so cannot check for sure

Azrooh

Reaction score
Create a dummy unit (there are lots of tutorials on this, so I won't explain here)
Give it 150 food
Spawn one for all players at map initialization.

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
what is it under?
how do i give food to a unit taht dosnt use up the limit but gives me 0/250
food?
lives?

what words should i be looking for?

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

Neoz

Reaction score
Im not totally sure but you could try:
Event
Time elapsed 1 second
cond
none
Action
(player- set property- food cap 150)

then change all farm like buildings u are going to use in the object editor so that they wont make more space for units ( more food cap)
Hope this helps:)

futeki

Reaction score
what is it under?
food?
lives?

what words should i be looking for?

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

Code:
Gameplay Constants > Upkeep - Food Levels
P.S. It's at the bottom, use the scroller.

Create a dummy unit (there are lots of tutorials on this, so I won't explain here)
Give it 150 food
Spawn one for all players at map initialization.

@ballzdeep85 I prefer to use buildings, but if you need this stat too it's in:
Code:
Object Editor > Your Object > Stats - Food Produced
P.S. You might want to adjust Food Cost if you're adding a new unit so it doesn't take away from the food limit.

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
how do i get it so that the unit with the units produced modified, dosnt take up a food value?

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

futeki

Reaction score
how do i get it so that the unit with the units produced modified, dosnt take up a food value?

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

Code:
Stats - Food Cost
But use that very carefully and make sure you control their unit numbers or else your map is going to lag really bad. One of the ways to do that is make the units at least cost something (i.e. gold, lumber, etc.).

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
how do i make it so that i cant spawn more units then i have food.
i gave my building a food value of 200 and i can keep spawning units.

-just if you are wondering i am making a golem wars type map.
--so i spawn units when i go into the region i set up that is over a circle of power.
--and i would like so my selctor can stay in the reagion but i wont go over my food cap.
-- and i want it so that i have a unit cap and a message that comes up and tells each player that has reached the cap that ''they are caped.''

how do i do this.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

Neoz

Reaction score
Ok, well the only reason i can think of why they go over the food limit is because you create the units?
Do you have a trigger that says: Create [#] units at [region] for player [#]? If you do. this is your problem. because creating doesnt care about food limits.

So if this is your problem. Make a trigger to train a unit instead of creating. This will care about food limits.
If you need help with this ill help you later on:)

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
spwan.jpg
This is What i have is spawning but it still goes over the cap.

i am wondering;;;;
how would the right trigger cattegory look so i dont go over the limit?

i cant find the right trigger category.

i need it so that when my golem piece enters a circle of power with a region in it automatically "trains"/ spawns a unit at my tower.

the reason i say train is because i need it so that the units that are spawning obey the food limit.

any help would be great.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
maybe im missing something important, probably through my skimming of reading, but why cant you just throw an integer condition of w/e player your spawning for's food? or even a lil' boolean =o

who is that? player one?

i dont have the editor on this computer, nor does that computer has t3h intrawebz but i would just use a simple integer or boolean condition in the trigger :rolleyes: seems so much simpler than all these so far D:

essentially, your trigger would look nearly the same as the one you have there... just with a condition either in the mid part or that if then else thing you got going on :p

edit : balls D: im on the second page...

Make a trigger to train a unit instead of creating.
-- never tried that :] sounds interesting. idk if you could spawn them without making a unit and possibly making it invisible where you wanted the unit... but it would be fun to try out ^^

edit 2 : sorry, just reading over things again, and i realised how unclear i was with my approach D:
in the actions, right after you create your units, set an (integer variable) = (integer variable +1)
then use a condition that checks to see if that integer is however high you want it, and when it gets to a certain point... it stops spawning... though the trigger keeps running D: if that makes sense. so, as you kill one, if free's one space up...

but, anywho, if you didnt want a manual count, you could always set that variable to the food used by the player controlling the spawned units. that way you could have however much food you wanted to on a unit, but it wont ever spawn too many....

edit 3 : =o didnt realize i wrote that much...

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
thanx for the heads up.
but yeah off topic.

trying to get help not a grammer lesson.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
ok here is the skinny.

i am new to map making so i kinda need to actually see the setup of the trigger i cant understand anyone who explains it into words.

sorry i have no idea where to start to find what you are saying.

the messed up thing is i am almost done with this map too.
i just kept hammering and put way to many triggers in till things worked.

so if you can set up picture of how it looks would be great.

thankyou,
ballzdeep85.

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
im sorreh D: hmm..... ill go make it on my other computer and use a drive or something :/ i need to know though:

1.) how do you want it to count the units?
---a) by how many units are there (which means you can have so many units, you specifically deciding)
---b) by the food they use (so that some units will have a value greater than others)

2)well... i forgot what the second one was >.>''' oh well.... guess thats it :D

ballzdeep85

Reaction score
i am spawning different units from different circle of power/regions.
my food cap is 150.
i want to be able to spawn all the different units and not go over the cap. and then if one dies it will be replaced with a unit if i am still on the region that is making a unit spawn.

is that clear?

thankyou,
ballzdeep85

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.