Spell Fortitude

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Damn Flare, are you ignoring my posts or what?

Stormbolt should not be used for damage anyways, so changing the owner is useless. Use PLAYER_NEUTRAL_PASSIVE for dummy unit.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Damn Flare, are you ignoring my posts or what?

Stormbolt should not be used for damage anyways, so changing the owner is useless. Use PLAYER_NEUTRAL_PASSIVE for dummy unit.
Well, considering there is no damage functionality in the spell, a person may want to add some and, if they don't know any JASS, the only way they can do it is through the Object Editor.

And that doesn't take away from the fact that (with the current code) allies of Player 1 (Red) may not be affected, even if they are enemies of the ability-user :p

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score

Slight little efficiency thing, but you can change that to IsUnitEnemy, and take out an extra function call (i.e. one of those GetOwningPlayer's)

JASS:
call UnitAddAbility(Dealer,DUMMY)

You can move that down to your Init function - the dummy already has the ability from the previous instance, why try and add it again?

JASS:
set Dealer = CreateUnit(Player(0),UNIT,0.0,0.0,0.0)

Unless Targets Allowed are suitably set (to allow allied targets as well as enemy), change that to Player (12) or change ownership of the unit before issuing the order

Also, your DUMMY constant is a bit deceptively named - would give me the impression that it's the rawcode for the dummy unit (before reading the comment) :p

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Isnt Player 12 Neutral Aggresive? I think Neutral Passive would be better, but I guess Aggressive works too, because this is a Aggressive spell.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I don't really know, I never work with neutral players. You're probably right about that

Actually I now remembered why Neutral Passive is better than Neutral Aggressive: Dummy needs to be able to stun neutral aggressive creeps too.

Version 1.3 looks good. :thup:

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Thanks, could you help me think of a spell ability that will not be too hard or too tough for me? I just learned structs and TT.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Dont know. But its actually pretty easy to make kockbacks and missiles with TT.

Check my Birds spell, it is a missile spell, which uses TT.
Missile spells are funny, you should try to learn how to make them.

EDIT. It is maybe a bit more complicated than I remembered. Download a map from this post
It has a really simple Missile spell, which uses TT.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
I don't see where is the Birds spell, the shockwave seems easy not hard, and the way the struct and variables are named makes it so hard for me to read -_-.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Oh yeah. :D I sometimes write variable names using my native language. Birds spell is in page 2 or 3 in this section. ( You can also use search )

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Hmm.. I remembered there was a ability in

Abilities//Night Elf // Units // ??? ability that the stone giant has
Night elf // units// stone giant// look for the ability which reduce damage.

Not sure if that is the correct one, it's pretty simple, you just replace the rawcode of this ability dummy to that of the "block damage spell"

If you want to do it manually, you will have to use spellbooks.

When are the mods going to approve this?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
When are the mods going to approve this?
I see nothing wrong with the spell itself - it appears to be working fine, code looks good.

Would you mind uploading a screenshot (preferably if you can get both the special effect and the death animation in the same picture, or else upload one of the SFX, and one of the death)? Once that's done, I'll move it

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.