Fun with Engineering Upgrade

Haette

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a hero that can switch between two sets of hero skills at will, but I also want the cooldowns to be maintained between the two forms, and Engineering Upgrade looks like it should solve both of these issues. Currently, I'm using two separate hero units for this, and each one has...
...the Robo-Goblin ability so they can switch forms.
...four dummy hero skills.
...an Engineering Upgrade that turns those dummy skills into their personal spells.

It works fine when I switch once, but when I switch back I lose all my skill levels and the points I spent on them. This happens no matter which form I start with, so I'm wondering if Engineering Upgrade bugs out and takes abilities with it when it's removed? And if it is buggy, is there any other way I could go about making this hero (two sets of skills, conserving skill level and cooldown between the two)?

If it's important, the dummy skills and actual spells are all Channel+triggers, so it's not the "disappearing reticle" bug that happens when you Engineering Upgrade between different base spells. I've got no idea what this is.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Remove engineering upgrade when the spell is cast (not when the effect starts).

[HAND-WRITTEN]
Trigger:
  • //
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability-Type of (Ability being cast)) Equal to {ABIL}
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove {ENGINEERING UPGRADE} from (Triggering Unit)

Haette

Reaction score
Well I'll be damned, it works like a charm now! Thanks so much!

I'm guessing it wasn't reverting to the dummy skills before adding the new Upgrade, so I can see why this helps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.