Game Cache Problem

PaladinHeart

Reaction score
The hero loads fine and everything, but it works too good, I guess.

When I go to the next map, it does alright.
When I come back to the first map, it does alright.

I can keep doing that all day and it loads/saves the hero just fine.

However, when I exit the game and restart, the hero is still there! I've tried many methods to get WC3 to dump the cache after exiting, but it only does so in one particular instance.

If I go to another area that loads but isn't set up to properly save/load the hero.. Then the next time I start the campaign, it will start properly from the beginning rather than loading the hero.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
The hero loads fine and everything, but it works too good, I guess.

When I go to the next map, it does alright.
When I come back to the first map, it does alright.

I can keep doing that all day and it loads/saves the hero just fine.

However, when I exit the game and restart, the hero is still there! I've tried many methods to get WC3 to dump the cache after exiting, but it only does so in one particular instance.

If I go to another area that loads but isn't set up to properly save/load the hero.. Then the next time I start the campaign, it will start properly from the beginning rather than loading the hero.

That's because your game cache saves the information.
More info can be found in my Tutorial: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98782 (Check under 'Advanced Settings'.)

Here's how I solved the problem In-game:
Code:
Restart Quest
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Quest - Create a Required quest titled (|c00400080 + Restarting The Game|r) with the description If you have played ..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSelectHeroOn.blp

Code:
Restart Command
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -reset as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Wait 2.00 game-time seconds
        Dialog - Clear ResetDialog
        Dialog - Change the title of ResetDialog to Are you Sure you wa...
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for ResetDialog labelled <Restart>
        Set ResetDButton[1] = (Last created dialog Button)
        Dialog - Create a dialog button for ResetDialog labelled <Cancel>
        Set ResetDButton[2] = (Last created dialog Button)
        Dialog - Show ResetDialog for Player 1 (Red)

Code:
Reset Answer
    Events
        Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for ResetDialog
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Clicked dialog button) Equal to ResetDButton[1]
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Pause Hero
                Unit - Pause Sheep
                Unit - Make Hero Invulnerable
                Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (All players)
                Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: Please wait a few s...
                Trigger - Run Reset Game <gen> (ignoring conditions)
                Wait 1.00 game-time seconds
                Set resetloc[1] = (Position of Hero)
                Set resetloc[2] = (resetloc[1] offset by 175.00 towards 180.00 degrees)
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads The Game Restarts I... at resetloc[2] with Z offset 100.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 30.00%, 30.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
                Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                Set ResetCounter = 5
                Wait 2.00 game-time seconds
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(ResetCounter)) at resetloc[1] with Z offset 100.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 30.00%, 30.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                        Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
                        Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                        Set ResetCounter = (ResetCounter - 1)
                        Wait 1.10 game-time seconds
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_resetloc[1])
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_resetloc[2])
                Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 2.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
                Wait 0.50 game-time seconds
                Game - Save game as FallenMonk.w3v and change level to Highlands of Despair.w3x (Skip scores)
            Else - Actions

Code:
Reset Game
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game Cache - Create a game cache from FallenMonk.w3v
        Game Cache - Store False as Boolean_First of Map2 in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store False as Boolean_Second of Map1 in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 1 as Which_Map of Where in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 0 as CryptLordSpawn of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        --------  - Quests -  --------
        Game Cache - Store MainQuestInt as MainQuest of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        -------- -------- --------
        Game Cache - Store 0 as Highland_Quests1 of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 0 as Highland_Quests2 of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 0 as Highland_Quests3 of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 0 as Highland_QuestCounter1 of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 0 as Highland_QuestCounter2 of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 0 as Rustbone_Quests1 of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 0 as Rustbone_QuestsCounter1 of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 0 as Rustbone_Quests2 of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 0 as Rustbone_Quests3 of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 0 as IceRidge_Quests of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 0 as IceRidge_Quests2 of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Store 0 as IceRidge_QuestsCounter of Quests in (Last created game cache)
        Game Cache - Save (Last created game cache)

Hope that helps. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.