GUI Meathook help?

Uszi

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm using Tinki3's GUI meathook right now, because I don't know how to code in JASS so I have a hard time editing the millions of JASS versions of the spell I find on the site.

The problem is that I need the spell to be MUI/MPI and Tinki3's is not, apparently. I was wondering if I could make the system MPI/MUI just by adding 12 versions of the same thing and using arrays.

I remember reading that He tried to use arrays for some of his timers initially and it didn't work in the comments...

Anyway, the map/system can be found at this thread:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52527&highlight=tinki3+meat+hook+gui

So: Can I make that system MPI by doing 12 versions of it?

Or, is there an MPI GUI meathook that I didn't find when I was searching the forums?

Dirac

Reaction score
Here you go (a modification to my chain hook trigger) the only thing you must do is to change the model used.
As for the damage done i cant rly help you because WE for mac is broken and wont let me touch anything... but i can tell you what to change

Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set TempPointArray[1] = (Position of MUICaster[TempInteger])
      • Set TempPointArray[2] = (Position of (Picked unit))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
          • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
          • (Picked unit) Not equal to MUICaster[TempInteger]
          • ((Picked unit) is in ChainHookTargetGroup) Equal to False
          • (Distance between TempPointArray[1] and TempPointArray[2]) Greater than or equal to 150.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause MUITarget[TempInteger] to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal <-------------------- ADD THIS LINE
          • Set MUITarget[TempInteger] = (Picked unit)
          • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to ChainHookTargetGroup
          • Unit - Turn collision for MUITarget[TempInteger] Off
        • Else

Attachments

• Sludge and Wisp.w3x
    25.9 KB · Views: 155

Uszi

Reaction score
Sweet man. Those are some cool looking hooks.

I found a bug though: seems like the hooked units can only be hooked once, after that they cannot be hooked again:

sludgehookphl.png

My guess is that they aren't being removed from the ChainHookTarget group... I'm reading through the spell right now to figure out where that would be (I guess when the hook finishes retracting) but I need to go to class.

Er, before I go, I tried adding this to the end of the slide trigger to see if that would fix it:

Trigger:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • ChainHookDummyCount[TempInteger] Equal to 4
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove MUITarget[TempInteger] from ChainHookTargetGroup
      • Set MUITarget[TempInteger] = MUICaster[TempInteger]
    • Else - Actions

But after throwing a variety of hooks around it bugged out again and stopped hooking the units. Looks like it happens if you hook a unit next to you, and then hook it again so it lands right on top of you. That unit becomes immune to future hooks.

I was excited, I thought I just helped debug a big scary system. :p

EDIT:
Whiiich, as I'm looking at it, would actually make sense since there needs to be 4 links for the unit to be removed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.