Snippet GUI - Triggerring Evade, Block and Parry.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Then where does that Windows-Only come from? JassHelper was specifically designed with WINE in mind.
Macs. (gay, but irrelevant)

Then why bother supporting inferior solutions?
It is not an "inferior" solution; it is an inefficient, but more compatible solution.

Im not criticizing their choice of using GUI, they should just spare the rest from their horrible abominations they call "GUI systems", and instead learn vJass, as they are more likely to get something out of THAT than out of using GUI.
Everyone should learn cJASS because cJASS is superior and all other pre-processors are garbage blah blah blah...

And because setting such a system up in vJass is a few orders of magnitude less complicated and tiresome than in GUI.
Some people don't want to learn an entire language just to make a map on WarCraft III?
(you are talking about the user, right?)

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Well, I've made my points; to continue would just be repeating myself. If the moderators want to let you continue promoting your opinion of what should and shouldn't be made publicly available, I suppose I ought to not interfere.

This exchange should probably be split to its own thread.

[first two points]
You didn't read the thread, did you? :banghead:

Deaod

Reaction score
Everyone should learn cJASS [...]
I dont think everyone should learn cJass. But can we agree that everyone should learn any one of vJass, ZINC, or cJass?

[...] because cJASS is superior and all other pre-processors are garbage
Actually, i find that point to be debatable. GUI being inferior to JASS and JASS being inferior to any preprocessed language (vJass/ZINC/cJass) is well-established (and there are a few obvious reasons).
I personally think cJass isnt all that well-made. But after all, its up to the guy using it.

Some people don't want to learn an entire language just to make a map on WarCraft III?
They learned GUI. They only have to do it a second time. But you are missing the point: Im talking about the configuration parts, which, IMHO, are easier to adjust in vJass (feel free to replace vJass with any other preprocessed language you like that is comparable) than in GUI.

Macs. (gay, but irrelevant)
WINE works on (Intel) Macs.

Well, I've made my points;
So have i. Neither of us is likely to change his point of view.

If the moderators want to let you continue promoting your opinion of what should and shouldn't be made publicly available, I suppose I ought to not interfere.
Actually, youre doing the same. Its just that youre promoting the status quo. I have a different ideal, so i promote my point of view.
Of course you may interfere, thats what discussion is about, after all. Thats why i entered this in the first place.
I may not like your view, but i realize i cant change the status quo on my own. So im stuck trying to convince others. Whether im successful or not, we'll see.

This exchange should probably be split to its own thread.
Some posts would need to be edited, but yeah, it probably should.

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
I agree, that resources for the public should only be posted when they are easy to implement, configurable as far as possible and efficient and this leads to only allow preprocessed Jass-languages.

And indeed, they learned GUI, but coding in GUI is limited, less efficient, partly harder and imo takes longer. So why not expand the horizon and learn a programming language? Learning Jass opens the door to other languages and increases informatic comprehension.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.