Have a few problems, Spawn, start location, waves, etc.

Bertil-Serup

Reaction score
Hey, this is my first thread/comment.
I have alot problems so i would ask if any of you could just fix some of them. I start'd using editor a day ago, and already love it.

If any of you remember "X hero siege", i'm making a map like that, here's the probs:
1: Waves, How?! i have actually no idea how to make waves yet, i really need help for this!
2: Start locations, i just found out how to set the 5 peons/peasents etc. Off, but, i still spawn alot of the big castles. ( Yes i use alot defferent players )
3: Tavern. If you played footy or something else, you normally start somewhere, with a wisp, one lumber, and some taverns fill'd up with heroes.
If you buy one, they spawn another place. How can i do this?

Hope you guys can help me out, thanks :)

canons200

Reaction score
wah, seem like you are totally new to editor, there are too many to explain, what i can tell you is to read more trigger and figure it out. Once you manage to do that, then only make hero siege.

please learn to walk first before want to run

Bertil-Serup

Reaction score
wah, seem like you are totally new to editor, there are too many to explain, what i can tell you is to read more trigger and figure it out. Once you manage to do that, then only make hero siege.

please learn to walk first before want to run

Yea, i thought so, i already add'd a fine race to a wintermaul wars, and one to a warcraft maul, i played with some normal maps, and then i wanted to download a x hero, and then add a hero. But my internet was down there, so i tryed to make one. As you can hear, i am, very new. But, cant you learn something about "trigger"... Cant understand what they are for etc.

ultimate11

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Set sky to Lordaeron Winter Sky (Purple)
      • Trigger - Run players name <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)
      • Set Regionn[1] = Region 000 <gen>
      • Set Regionn[2] = Region 001 <gen>
      • Set Regionn[3] = Region 002 <gen>
      • Set Regionn[4] = Region 003 <gen>
      • Set Regionn[5] = Region 004 <gen>
      • Set Regionn[6] = Region 005 <gen>
      • Set Regionn[7] = Region 006 <gen>
      • Set Regionn[8] = Region 007 <gen>
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create 1 Curier for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)

this is my trigger for map initialization.trigger manage and manipulate everything in game.
As you can see triggers are made from 3 things:
-events
-conditions
-actions
So when game meet your events and conditions are made then the actions starting.
Making "stupid"triggers are a point to start.When i was this was my strategy to lear.
For any other questions im here :D.

Bertil-Serup

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks, i'll be testing that, i can see what you canons200 meant, i already got someone to run to the middle! Yay, Thanks guys ;)

Bertil-Serup

Reaction score
Hey, Wait a sec, you saying that nearly everything is maked that way? :O So chinematics too? intro's, waves, spawns?

Bertil-Serup

Reaction score
yeap.and i can surelly help you.
AVAIBLE :X:X:X:X

goodies, i've been working alittle with triggers now, 2 questions, i need to set some npc's to run to the middle, and then some other in 5 secs, etc. etc. etc. How can i time it? I can get them to run now, thats it. Second question, Where can i set of fog? I dont want any fog at all. Something like the "Iseedeadpeople" cheat please. :)

ultimate11

Reaction score
Trigger:
    • Loop - Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)

this is to create visibility nfor all players on entire map
and for the time you should use this action
Trigger:
  • Wait 2.00 seconds

or use periodic event that start same actions over and over and ajust them with another trigger that stop when you want

Anachron

Reaction score
If you need help implementing it (because its vJass) you need Jass New Gen Pack (JNGP) in order to make it work. You can get it here.

ultimate11

Reaction score
i only want to give you one advice for spawm and other.
if you are using something already make by someone u will never learn.Learn to make yourself using different events or other depend on your map startegy .Take a look on my spawm trigger.This create a numbers of creeps on 8 regions if players are playing (avoiding spawm in points where players aen`t playing,make map more realible),maybe help.In this trigger is also an event when wave is finishing
Trigger:
  • spawm
    • Events
      • Time - Every 120.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Regionn[(Integer A)] matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove (Matching unit) from the game
      • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Integer[(Integer B)] = (Integer[(Integer B)] + 1)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 20, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If ((Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create Integer[1] Soldier Undead for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Regionn[1]) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create Integer[2] Soldier Undead for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Regionn[2]) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create Integer[3] Soldier Undead for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Regionn[3]) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create Integer[4] Soldier Undead for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Regionn[4]) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Player 5 (Yellow) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create Integer[5] Soldier Undead for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Regionn[5]) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Player 6 (Orange) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create Integer[6] Soldier Undead for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Regionn[6]) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Player 7 (Green) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create Integer[7] Soldier Undead for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Regionn[7]) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Player 8 (Pink) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Unit - Create Integer[8] Soldier Undead for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Regionn[8]) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Regionn[(Integer A)] matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Regionn[(Integer A)]) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to (Level of (Picked unit)), Hide level-up graphics
              • Hero - Modify Strength of (Last created unit): Set to ((Strength of (Picked unit) (Include bonuses)) + (5 x (Level of (Picked unit))))
              • Hero - Modify Agility of (Last created unit): Set to ((Agility of (Picked unit) (Include bonuses)) + (5 x (Level of (Picked unit))))
              • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Last created unit): Set to ((Intelligence of (Picked unit) (Include bonuses)) + (5 x (Level of (Picked unit))))
              • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Picked unit) in slot (Integer A))) Not equal to Ank Rune
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Item - Create (Item-type of (Item carried by (Picked unit) in slot (Integer A))) at (Position of (Picked unit))
                      • Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Last created unit)
                      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to move (Last created item) to inventory slot (7 - (Integer A))
                    • Else - Actions

Anachron

Reaction score
i only want to give you one advice for spawm and other.
if you are using something already make by someone u will never learn.Learn to make yourself using different events or other depend on your map startegy .Take a look on my spawm trigger.This create a numbers of creeps on 8 regions if players are playing (avoiding spawm in points where players aen`t playing,make map more realible),maybe help.In this trigger is also an event when wave is finishing
Half true, half false. Learning to use someone others code will give you 50% of the stuff you need in future. In fact, I often use other ones codes to make a base framework of what I am programming. If you understand how the other codes work, you will be able to make a good code too.

canons200

Reaction score
Well, it really depends, if that is gui, most probably he will learn, if jass.............hard for a newbie to start

Anachron

Reaction score
If you start with (v/c)Jass / ZINC you won't have the difficulty to switch from GUI to jass.

Bertil-Serup

Reaction score
Trigger:
    • Loop - Actions

this is to create visibility nfor all players on entire map
and for the time you should use this action
Trigger:
  • Wait 2.00 seconds

or use periodic event that start same actions over and over and ajust them with another trigger that stop when you want

Ultimate, Is this dont work, what should i do?:

Billede%203.png

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.