Hellgate: London Problem

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I donwloaded the demo of Hellgate: London and started playing. After about 5 minutes the game froze. I had to force shutdown the PC. I tried a few more times but with the same result. It always freezes after a short amount of time somewhere in the beginnning of the game.
From what I've heard and seen, I really like the game. But since the demo doesn't work, I'm not sure if the main game will work. Should I buy it or will it freeze like the demo.

Incase it helps:

Geforce 8800 GTX Patch 169.04 (newest one atm)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
2 GByte RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I checked it out but unfortunately the technical support forum only has about 1 and a half pages since the game is so new. I didn't find anything useful.

Thanks anyway. Any else have any suggestions?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I think he meant ask your question there :p, if nobody there has had this problem then why not ask there yourself? I'm sure people there will know better than most of us :).

Hope this helps :).

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if you buy the game you will be able to access their support page. I checked the Hellgate site and you cannot view the forum or the support area without an account.

http://hellgatelondon.com/

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
the forums are swamped there ..
there are no techs

only hunderds of topics of angry customers .

i got the game myself and it runs perfect .

there are however tons of gt8800 issues with direct x 10 and vista

Rad

Reaction score
The beta had a pretty bad memory leak problem the day it came out. That was the only day I played it, don't know if they fixed it. Most demos don't get patched though.

There has been a patch almost every day since it came out, though, your problem might have been fixed but most of the patches were holiday events (Halloween and this 'guy falkes day' or whatever)

It runs fine on my PC now, except for some random freezing - but I can easily tab out of the game (actually I play in a window so I dont even have to) and restart it.

Only has happened about 3-4 times since the patch after halloween. It's usually no big deal either, I haven't lost an item or failed a quest because of it.

[little off topic]
My network was crappy today, don't know if it was me or the servers, but I had between 1000~3000ms latency off and on. The game still performs well when it lags, you can move and attack, but the damage is only calculated every few seconds so its impossible to heal in time. It performs pretty well with a bad connection though, much better than Diablo, BF2142, etc.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They are fixing problems daily.

Remember when WoW came out? It was always down. It just didn't work out :cool:

Don't expect perfect results already for an online game that just got released :D

I must say I'm enjoying the game right now. Random freezes happen at least once a day though, but it's easy to just restart the game. As opposed to other games, it auto-saves (I know, most other games do this) but it also respawns you in town with all what you had and so you don't spawn in the middle of some boss-fight, or anything wrong.

Plus, restarting the area is generally not a bad idea as you're stronger now that it froze ;)

So, don't worry and ask on the forums for a solution to your problem.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
oh the WoW launch was less then perfect .. vivendi rushing it .. took them 3 months to get their acts together.. they where handing out freedays like it was candy ..

HGL is super addictive just like d1 and d2 for that matter and i love playing the game .

the guild chat and party chat is terrible . glad we use teamspeak .

Bill Roper and Co need to patch up and they are doing almost daily patches .

The game in general does not get high scores in reviews . It tells more about the reviewers then the game .. Play it past level 10 and it becomes less boring and there is some real cool stuff at the higher levels .

Rad

Reaction score
Yeah until your level 12+ everything seems to be a copy of the thing before it and all the monsters are the same. Theres no real strategy and the quests are all the same.

But then you start doing quests like defend this person, or the control points quest, or that strategy game quest that was awesome.

And yeah, they ruined the chat. Its hidden by default so obviously nobody uses it. It wasn't like that in the beta, and if you leave it open it has this really ugly black background taking up alot of screenspace.

I wish they would just disable the subscriber features until they fix the game so people stop complaining. Nobody cares about the "new classes" that dont even exist yet. The only thing I would get the subscriber for is to make a guild.

Founders offer? what a joke.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.