HELLPPPPP!!!!Compiling Error???

S

stielydan

hmmm. im still workin on the map, fixed the bridges etc....

-but now i tried to put and end of game cinematic in and i cant save it, it is giving me a compiling error...What am i doing wrong???

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
First off, congratulations! You're no longer an amateur map editor now that you have encountered this error. It's kinda like a 'coming of age' sort of thing.

Compiling errors are always hard to sort out. They are usually caused by 1 of your triggers containing something weird in it. Your best bet is to make a copy of your map first, and then proceed to delete your triggers 1 by 1 and save everytime, until you are able to save your map again. As a tip, start deleting the ones you have made more recently.

As a side note, I have observed that on some occasions I have deleted some cameras and I got this error when saving. It was slightly different, however, because the map both gave this error and it did save it as well.

Scam_ent

Reaction score
I want the error!!!
hahaha....

You know you're a man when you're maps start to stop working...

Cam

p.s: This has to be my least help/use -full post yet!

S

stielydan

Hey Darg your right...It did save anyway...is it ok to just leave it be or should i try to fix this error???

-ahhhhh it feels good to be a man...Finally :D

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Aah, so you have got the 'it saved but spewed out errors' issue.

No it needs to be fixed, but judging from how much time has elapsed since you posted, maybe you aren't getting any problems with it.

The proper fix is to close the editor down, open it up again, load your map up, and then save your map again. You should no longer get the errors.

S

stielydan

Thx Darg i fixed it and no longer get the error.

-i have a different question but its not really a mod question so im not making a new thread.

-i posted my map on warcraftiii.net and i recieved a message from one guy saying the file was empty.

-i was wondering if someone could check that for me to see if it is empty(since only one guy said anything) its on warcraftiii.net maps and mods
Rpg section-> QUEST FOR PEACE v1.0 PRO

-if it is empty can you help me zip this map because thats the only thing i did to it that might cause it to be empty.

-i made a zipped folder and sent this map to it, thats what my comp told me to do. Then i put that zipped folder on wc.net.

-thanks for all the help

Scam_ent

Reaction score
Yup, she's empty dude...

but don't look at me for help, sorri, but i've never zipped a thing in my life!

Darg should be on sometime. He can definately help u out...

Test my map
Cam

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Zipped map attached, try submitting this one instead.

Attachments

• quest for peace v1.0 pro.zip
    246 KB · Views: 267
S

stielydan

not to beat a dead horse, but could someone check the file again?

they still say that its empty.

Let me know so i can smack myself silly.

Thanks again

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
it seems to link to some strange file called 'new compressed (zipped) folder.zip'. That file is 22 bytes in size.

It could be a problem on their end, since that file is clearly not the file you submitted.

edit: its basically giving a 404, meaning that your file either isn't up there, or the link to the file is stuffed up.

This is the error:

Not Found
The requested URL /loaded/war3/maps/New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip was not found on this server.

I seriously doubt that's got anything to do with anything you did.

S

stielydan

Thanks Darg, I appreciate all the time you have been putting in to help me.

Short but sweet
Stielydan

S

stielydan

Hey Darg...

have you heard back from the warcraftiii.net admin yet???
god i hope they fix it, im up to 400 downloads...
hey do you think i could give this site as an alternative download site???
i dont know if anyone will chase it this far but maybe.
might give you a little more business too lol.

thanks
Stielydan

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
sorry no reply yet.

rapmaster would have to authorize it first before you give this site as an alternative link.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.