Help with ORPG map systems (skill/spellbook/item class difference/level req)

shadowvzs

Reaction score
Pls hint/sug. with ORPG map systems (skill/spellbook/item class difference/level req)

hello.
i thinking on orpg map but idk how can i do without huge work and without leaks/laggs, so:

i want 1 unarmed character and attach to him the armor/helm/boot/5-6 kind of weapon/1 accessory

the problem how can i do it easily?

a.) i thinked on make with object editor -> item ability attach methode like fire orb
so need around 4gear*15+6weapon type*15=>150+ new item + 150+ new ability 150+ variable

still this only the attachments so with quest item another x new item etc

[minor problem if character have metamorph skill then i think show on bear druid the human armor and helmet so kinda weird]

another thing its okey easily make the droping system (example if u want pick up again 1 weapon then drop it coz every weapon item got same lv in object editor)

but problem is how can i do item with level requiment?
i use item level for categorize the item types? (i mean if every weapon is lv21 item then i cant use the item level system for check what level need that item)

b.)
150+ variable & items (lets make 10 array each with 15 item) and check every inventory slot and compare with 150 variables and if u got more than1 from same array (exclude weapons where have more array) then drop the manipulated item else attach to unit (who picked up the item) the special effect (gear).

but for removeing every player need again atleats 6 array (head/armor/weapon/maybe wings or other stuffs).

c.) spellbook: the picked gear/weapon ability put to spellbook (again a ton of ability/item) and remove it when player want change, and create a item to unit position (idk how can i remove only 1 user selected ability from book)

2. melee unit->ranged

i thinked on long rifle techtree but isnt that good since ex. paladin start use his hammer from 1000 range instead use attack 2 like when he use vs air unit when he got fire orb.

(this need if hero want use bow instead sword)

somehow could make fire orbeffect work vs ground unit too? coz normally even i setted the target ground/enemy/debris ward but paladin dont used the fire missile thing like vs air unit

3. learning profesion (want change skills with profession change):

a.) weapon item have unit ability, a spellbook filled with class skills

-problem is for makeing learnable level by level, need dummy craps what also +ability/trigger

-advantage u can change with weapon the abilities

b.) weapon got 5 unit ability, so same than previous exclude without spellbook

c.) check the picked weapon type then add learnable skill to hero

4. have something easy way how can i stun or do another custom ability on target via trigger?
example when hero used teleport to enemy then stun him with 1sec with trigger.

(if at (1.) point the level requiment is solved then i can do spellbook i think with 3 dummy ability with that i can add str/agi/int so i can do stat requiment also for weapon)

ultimate11

Reaction score
It will be easy if you write a system..realy is not so hard...the only hard part is finding a moddel of a unit untouched and moddels for weapon ,armour etc.Not all attachement work well.

shadowvzs

Reaction score
this is reply to point 1 or 2 or 3 or 4? :p
also still i dont got answer to 2mb attachment, 200-300+ custom item/ability and 400-500 variable, spellbook modifiy make lagg later or too long loading?

also i am interest to suggestion what option is easier & better in 1st, 3rd point and how can i make the 2nd point :p

shadowvzs

Reaction score
bump.
pls somebody could give some advice about what solution is less laggy/eat less memory or what solution the better?

i thinked to use item level for categorize the items (like lv100-150 armor, 151-200 helmet etc)
but then need another integer array for storing item level requiment afterall its big amount of custom item/ability and variable but maybe this way the shortest the checking the acquired item, and drop if example that is another weapon and i have already 1 in invetory.

problem is the spells:
a) kinda need spellbook if i want more ability but each spellbook need different base order id what kinda limited and i scared its screw up another abilities :/ also for leveling need dialog system
b) 4 ability like normal hero ability what is not enough (i already use 2 spellbook, 1 for shareing the stat[+1 str ability/+1agi ability/+1int ability inside] another summon book)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.