Hero tutorial

Sivert

Reaction score
I'v been looking for an advanced tutorial so I didn't have to ask to many questions here, I tried to search but I only found lots and lots of tutorials I don't need (yet).

I need to know how to create "Hero glow". I cant think of any other questions atm..

Thanks in advance! :D

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I think this would work
Aura.mdx
Attach as an aura.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Create a hidden ability (So it shows no icon)
Make the ability an Aura that only targets self, does nothing. Change the model to Aura.mdx
That way, I think, it will add the aura to the feet.

Sivert

Reaction score
No one knows how to get a "Hero glow" on a unit?

And anyone know how to make areas where you cant build structures or so?

Mapster

Reaction score
I've got it going.

Duplicate Endurence Aura or any Aura
Change it's Area of effect to 10 or something like that so it only casts on itself.
Download the Aura model from hiveworkshop and change the Art thats shown at the origin of the unit to this.

Now your unit should have a red glow.

Now make these triggers if your unit can not be trained
Code:
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Priest)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Change color of (Picked unit) to (Color of (Owner of (Picked unit)))

and

Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes reviving
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Reviving Hero)) Equal to Paladin
    Actions
        Unit - Change color of (Reviving Hero) to (Color of (Owner of (Reviving Hero)))

Fallen-Kid

Reaction score
Code:
Actions
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of No region) of type Buildability to Off
That makes it unbuildable there

Sivert

Reaction score
I've got it going.

Duplicate Endurence Aura or any Aura
Change it's Area of effect to 10 or something like that so it only casts on itself.
Download the Aura model from hiveworkshop and change the Art thats shown at the origin of the unit to this.

Now your unit should have a red glow.

Now make these triggers if your unit can not be trained
Code:
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Priest)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Change color of (Picked unit) to (Color of (Owner of (Picked unit)))

and

Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes reviving
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Reviving Hero)) Equal to Paladin
    Actions
        Unit - Change color of (Reviving Hero) to (Color of (Owner of (Reviving Hero)))

I couldn't find the Aura there, I looked in the spells section and the models section.. I didn't know what I was looking for..

Code:
Actions
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of No region) of type Buildability to Off
That makes it unbuildable there

Here's my trigger:

Code:
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
Condition
Actions
 Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of Region 007 <gen>) of type Buildability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of Region 008 <gen>) of type Buildability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of Region 009 <gen>) of type Buildability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of Region 010 <gen>) of type Buildability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of Region 011 <gen>) of type Buildability to Off

I have a custom builder, and can still build in the region.. Although I have a region that is covering the whole map also, can that matter?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.