HOw do i make Units look like dodads?

U

Unregistered

I have seen in many Wc3 maps that the creator has made buiding and unit models look like doodads such as trees or wepons racks etc. I like to make maps a i think this would be a helpful tool. Is there a programe i need to download or a special procedure i need to follow?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you want to make doodads from units or units from doodads?

I'm guessing you want to make units from doodads. You need to get mpqview (try searching for it on google or try wc3campaigns.com). Use this program to open up war3.mpq. Apply the filter to view .mdx files only. Then find the doodads\ folder. All the path names for the doodads are there. Just type them into the 'model used' field in the unit editor.

Note: you need to get an editor like umswe to type in model paths. (umsmaps.com)

D

Davek!ng

thnx man but i got another prob. i got a mpq vewier but i cant find the doodads in it. do u no where they are or what file they are in? :confused:

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
You can't find the doodads? So you opened up war3.mpq right? Doodads are in the Doodads\ folder! It's not hard to find! :)

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Also, if you want to make looking through war3.mpq a bit easier, try getting winMPQ and using that (again, searching for that program should find it easily).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.