How to Disable a Random Ability?

Undead Me

Reaction score
I'm making a mage arena type game. In this game, 8 people choose 4 spells and 2 passives at the beginning of each round, then fight for about 30 seconds. In order to facilitate the use of hotkeys I've actually made 4 versions of each spell, each with X,C,V, or B as a hotkey. Obviously, those abilities take up the bottom 4 ability slots with X being the leftmost, B being the rightmost, etc.

I want to make an unit targeted ability called "Crush Magic" that channels for 1 second, then causes 20 damage to the target if the target is still in range. Additionally, I want a random enemy spell to be disabled for 6 seconds. Ideally, this spell would be replaced with a dummy passive called "Spell Disabled" in the same slot.

I have everything working except that I don't know how to select a random ability and remove it, let alone return it without reseting its cooldown. Does anyone know how to do this?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
the only way i can think of is:
i'm assuming hero can "buy" abilities from a shop in your map?

maybe when the game starts, when the hero picks the ability, set those abilities and that hero to variable.. and the ability to a matching ability array variable..
when the caster uses crush magic, just check using integer a loop to see which hero was the spell casted on, an then, use integer b loop to remove a random ability

then remove that spell from that target, add a disable spell icon (fake spell that does nothing) to that target, and then wait 6 seconds, and give the original spell back to the target but the cooldown will be resetted...

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You could add those abilities into an integer, something like this:

Trigger:
  • Actions:
    • Set Ability[1] = Finger of Death
    • Set Ability[2] = Entagling Roots
    • Set Ability[3] = Permanent Immolation
    • Set Ability[4] = Firebolt

Then do something like this:

Hide ''Ability[random integer number between 1 and 4] for ''player 1 Red''.

or just remove it, whatever you want.

After you've done this, just create a new trigger called ''Timer'' and add 6 seconds expiration timer to it.

Once the expiration timer has been over, display the hidden ability which you've hidden.

PooBucket

Reaction score
don't ask for +rep..if that guy...undead cow sees this he will -rep u as he did with me.so whats the matter if you attach this to all your messages...i dont get it ...i dont understand whats his problem...:nuts:

LOLS! i thought he was joking but :p bad luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.