How to make a unit face angle instantly while its sliding

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
I have that spell, thats throws a ball at the targetted direction
theres a trigger that moves the ball by 15 towards its facing angle every 0.02 second
and the balls bounces on walls, but i cant make it change direction instantly, so it makes that large arc to change direction

How can I make it change direction instantly??

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> How can I make it change direction instantly??

This is not possible. A unit cannot face a direction instantly. It needs a minimum time at least before it can completely face an angle.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
> How can I make it change direction instantly??

This is not possible. A unit cannot face a direction instantly. It needs a minimum time at least before it can completely face an angle.

then how can i make that time as small as possible?

EDIT:
I dont really need to make it MUI or MPI, so ill just use arrays to keep track of the angles

But if you know a way without using arrays (or any way that allows me to make it MUI/MPI) tell me
(each cast spawns 1 to 20 balls, depending on the spell level, btw)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
In Object Editor, set the unit turning rate to higher?

Also, through trigger, you can use:

Code:
Unit - Make unit face angle.... 0.00 seconds

It will turn the unit almost immediately. But never instantly.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
save the unit into a game cach, remove the unit, load the unit from the cach faceing the angle you want

Nerfpl

Reaction score
i think unit turning like that depends on unit's turn rate

save the unit into a game cach, remove the unit, load the unit from the cach faceing the angle you want
i think most ppl here dont know how to use cache :) ( neither do i)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
simple
(pulls out the world editor)

First you gotta make the game cach, dosent matter (best done at the start of the map)

Then use Store unit to game cach to save the unit to it, the labe and catagory is well... the best way to put it is like X and Y on a graph.

Best think of it like this, the unit is the point, the X is the lable, and the Y is the catagory. In order to find your point, your X and Y must match. So, In order to find your stored unit, your lable and catagory must match to what you set them before.

Okay, so storeing a unit dose exactly that, all buffs, all timers, all values, are stored into a cach (kinda like a save file) and is labled and catagorized (explained above). This stores the unit as data, but please note that the unit in the game will still be there after storeing it.

After the removal of the ingame unit, you can now load the unit

Restore unit faceing degrees is the one you want, To restore the unit, you must reffer to it by its lable and catagory, once again its like finding a point on a XY graph. After that, it works like createing a unit exept everything that the unit had when it was stored will be with the unit when its restored. (please note like unit creation, the restoration needs a point too)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
no, that will cause the unit to rotate to that direction, therefore its not instant turning (yes i have tried that before)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.