Tutorial How to make vampire map!

R

Ricky

Hi~Ricky

Hi everyone. Before i do anything i would like to say please look at the bottom to see my posting preferences so you do not post in what i have already answered or suchlike thanks.

I have decided to teach some people how to make a vampire map.:)
Now whats a vampire map?
Well its simple. no its not vamprism. It is were a player gets control of a vampire and must kill to stay alive.:D
Before i start i must state that these maps can be made into single player and multiplayer maps.

Right here we go.

First we have to open up the world editor and create a new map. Make it the size you want keeping in mind we need enough space. Once done create an area of land for the vampire's den. For this i made blight and made a fog using regions on the area of land. Then put props of dead people, torture instruments, bones and other props to give it a "feel" of evil. Next i cut this land of from the world as this is a den. now to do this make a path to this area that is very gloomy and mysterious or you could make it so only the vampire can get there. In any case make it look "real":D

Then we have to make a new unit base it off as a dreadlord and set its stats to whatever you want, same with its abilities. Then make another unit and make it look like a bat. Then make 2 new abilities one called bat form and one called Vampire form. Base them off as crow form but make it so it changes, on one ability, into Your vampire and the other, into a bat. The give bat form ability to the vampire and vampire form to the bat.

This will allow The vampire player to change into a bat and back again. But you must make sure you change the abilities into hero abilities.

Now we have to give the vamp a "life sucking" ability. Base it off as vampiric aura then change the amount of life return you get to your liking.

Next you make the map to your liking. You might want the rest like a mêlée map or special your choice. Once done with the rest of the terrain open up the trigger editor. next make a new trigger names "Vampire lose life" or something.Now make the trigger like this.

Code:
Trigger Vampire lose life

events
every 5 seconds (how often do you wish the vampire to lose life)

conditions

actions
set life of vampire 001 to vampire 001 -50 (how much life you want him to lose)

That will make you vampire lose life every so often.

Once these things are done you have made a vampire map.

You will still have to set out players settings and suchlike but i wont go into those as they are all to your preferences. You can add whatever you like to your map this is only a basis if you did do this you would have a playable but basic vampire map.

Well thats about it for basics. Just a few things:This is for people who aren't that experienced with the map editor so don't post in replay's saying "this is very basic and is telling us what we already know" I will not be happy if someone posts those comments in despite my wishes. Also with the making of the rest of the map i would recommend looking at another tutorial for making mêlée maps or other types of tutorials to help you make it.
If you post in saying that this isn't a vampire map I would reply saying that a vampire map isn't real it is just the name i used for this type of map. I do not intend to be misleading. If a vampire map DOES exist then please tell me as i am not aware of any such thing and i don't want to infringe on any type of map that this does not fit in with.So please don't post in those comments either as your reply is already here.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
This is for people who arnt that experianced with the map editor so dont post in reply's saying "this is very baisic and is telling us what we already know" I will not be happy if someone posts those comments in despite my wishes. Also with the making of the rest of the map i would reccomend looking at another tutorial for making melee maps or other types of tutorials to help you make it.
If you post in saying that this isnt a vampire map I would reply saying that a vampire map isnt real it is just the name i used for this type of map. I do not intend to be misleading. If a vampire map DOES exist then please tell me as i am not aware of any such thing and i dont want to infringe on any type of map that this does not fit in with.So please dont post in those comments either as your reply is already here.

I love your disclaimer. No, really.

Underlined the weird grammatical stuff(punctuation).

R

Ricky

Heh

:D Hi~Ricky

lol.:) You like it do you. I have gone through it with a spell checker

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

Just a quick note: If you find yourself in a position were you dont know how to do something just post that question up here, and if i get enough i shall make a Q&A!:D

Edit: oops!! Sorry for double posting, i didnt think of it while i was posting this. I was in a bit of a hurry:banghead:

killbuzz

Reaction score
Couple Questions....

Wouldnt setting the vampires life permanitly lower unit his health is zero? Also i didnt see a way to heal the vamp.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Yet again ricky, NEVER FREEHAND CODE IN TUTORIALS!
'nuff said (well not really)

Edit > You'd have to set his life to equal his life -50, not to -50, or else his life will be -50 O_O

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

Ty wouldnt have seen it if you hadnt pointed it out!:eek:

The ability.....the life sucking one:

Now we have to give the vamp a "life sucking" ability. Base it off as vampiric aura then change the amount of life return you get to your liking.

Thats how to heal the vamp. Baisically to live as a vamp you have to fight!

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

I use the spell checker that has a button when you post something (not quick reply) or advance edit something in the top right cornor, just above the smilies!

If it doesnt pick out the spelling mistakes can you please post what mistakes are were, so i can sort them out please.:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.