How to - Use the Object Merger

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Well then you didn't require the tutorial.

Tutorials exist for the less, erm, knowledgable.

SlayerII

Reaction score
WoW this is a really good feature.
Btw really good tutorial:thup: Now i can amke more than just 50 items at my map:)

cryowraith

Reaction score
Ah I was trying to make an item with 2 abilities but there wasnt any samples. I was almost going to ask here about it, until I found the solution in my 5th (or so) try.

JASS:
iabi "AIs1,AId1"

JASS:
//! textmacro MakeHolyShield takes ID, LEVEL, STR, ARMOR
  //! external ObjectMerger w3a AIs1 AS$STR$ Istr 1 $STR$ anam "Item STR Bonus" ansf "($STR$)"
  //! external ObjectMerger w3a AId1 AA$ARMOR$ Idef 1 $ARMOR$ anam "Item DEF Bonus" ansf "($ARMOR$)"
  //! external ObjectMerger w3t cnob IC$ID$ iabi "AS$STR$,AA$ARMOR$" unam "Holy Shield +$LEVEL$" iico "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHumanArmorUpThree.blp" ides "The crusader protects his allies and himself with his Holy Shield.|n|n+$STR$ STR and +$ARMOR$ Armor." idro 0
//! endtextmacro

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that, didn't I?

I shall remedy it!

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Hint: To do channel abilities:
JASS:
//! i makechange(current,"Ncl3",1,"\001")

That's for setting the options to visible. I found that using "0" put in the value "49". I was puzzled for a while, until I realised it was ascii. "\xxx" is an escape sequence in LUA for a 3 digit number to be converted to a char, treating xxx as an ascii code. Take the options you want checked, convert to binary, include "\num" and off you go. :)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Update (could it be?!). Added some stuff about \xxx and Lua usage. If there are any errors, pleax report them.

SanKakU

Reaction score
got a possibly silly question for you about the objectmerger...i figure i can test it myself, but i'm kindof in the middle of learning methods and structs and it's a question that can wait until later, or until someone answers it for me. when you do the //! and all the code that comes after //!... at some point you're typing in the rawcodes for the objects, right? well...what i want to know is... can you use variables for that? that way you can make a hero with a bunch of spells and make him have uber awesome JESP with the objectmerger...

i think it's a valid question because usually you have to type 'AIDS' (as an example) for the rawcode...but with the objectmerger example mentioned it's AIDS instead. without the ''. now usually you would use a constant integer abilityID = 'AIDS' and then you got the integer. but if we want to use the variable for objectmerger, won't the integer variable fail?

does that mean we use a string integer? will such a thing work?
edit: yeah, i don't think my idea works. haha. it sounds like we have to have objectmerger lines be without easily editable constant variables for the moment. at least i guess we have our inline comments to fall back on...
haha i know i said i didn't want to test it, then i realized i might as well...
hmm...i guess it's ALL code and no strings or integers...so you wouldn't be able to use a variable. but that's odd, because you can normally use variables in code, right? i mean for names of things. is there no work-around that i'm unaware of?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You can't use Jass variables. Not even constants. You need to use an lua variable.

SanKakU

Reaction score
i keep getting the error "warcraft mpqs cannot be opened" it was working ok on my other comp, i thought...

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Just a little tip, when working with Channel, the Data - Options field, you have to use integers. These are all of the combinations:

0-Unique Cast
1-Visible, Unique Cast
2-Targeting Image, Unique Cast
3-Visible, Targeting Image, Unique Cast
4-Physical Spell, Unique Cast
5-Visible, Physical Spell, Unique Cast
6-Targeting Image, Physical Spell, Unique Cast
7-Visible, Targeting Image, Physical Spell, Unique Cast
8-Universal Spell
9-Visible, Universal Spell, Unique Cast0-Unique Cast

10-19 are the same as 1, 20-29 are the same as 2, etc.

I have only tested through 39. I don't know what happens after 99, but I imagine 100 is 1, 200 is 2, 300 is 3, etc.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Gah, the whole thing won't work for me. I even tried stuff such as :

JASS:
library myLib
    //! external ObjectMerger w3u ewsp e000
endlibrary

Saved ; no compilation errors. Closed the map, reopened, no new unit in the object editor. Even tried re-opening WE, same result. Tried placing it inside or outside a function, scope, library...

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try changing the rawcode to something that isn't e###. Like, try 'SMTH'.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
is there any "delete ability" command?

when I attempt to delete abilities in my map, I got this crash:

deleteabilitycrash.jpg

:banghead:
if there isn't any, anyone has another solution for me?

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
that's what I try to ask... because I got the crash when I physically press Delete button to delete ability, lol

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Well that's certainly strange. I never had that problem so I'm rather incapable of reproducing it. Can you delete a manually created ability?

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
yes, I can. (for now)

now I think about it, those abilities that cause the crash when deleted are created by the Object Merger (well, most of them)
most of my abilities are created by the Object Merger, I use it to merge ability data that my partner created.

here is my object abilities: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b7qffyjmkuj5hhp
import it to a new map and try delete some.

(if you don't encounter the crash, please delete abilities of Human and Neutral Hostile for me)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I can't seem to import the data into my map. It reports everything as a success, but... no custom abilities show up.

Maybe you could just attach the map?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.