Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

Summary:
The show is about a character named Sai Akuto, left behind at a church gate as a "child of destiny" as a plot element yet to be fully revealed, and such is raised at the church. Time goes by and he is admitted to Constant Magical Academy, where he hopes to become "High Priest" and help the world becomes a better place. On his examination, it is found his future 'occupation' will be "Demon Lord".

Sai runs into various troubles being known as Demon Lord. Trying to fix the situation, keeps ending up in result of him being more so known as a Demon Lord. In the process, he runs into various love interests and comical moments.

Characters:
Sai Akuto
84379.jpg

Sai Akuto wants to help make the world a better place, but has the future occupation of Demon Lord. He puts up a 'cool' front but is actually weak hearted.

Hattori Junko
images

Hattori Junko is a serious about valor and shares the same interest of making a better world, on behalf of her family name. After it is found out Sai Akuto is destined to be a Demon Lord, Hattori often attacks Sai.

Soga Keena
85624.jpg

Soga Keena is an odd ball character with mysterious powers revolving around bird jewel given to her by Sai in the past. She appears to be air headed, but mysteriously seems to know what is going on.

Korone
ichiban_ushiro_no_daimao_episode_3.jpg

Korone is an Observational Android (Lilidan). She shows no emotion in her expressions, however she has a sense of humor and often teases people. She has been ordered to watch and protect Sai.

Etou Fujiko
85421.jpg

Etou Fujiko is the most popular girl at her school. She has a nice outward/public appearance. However, she has a dark wicked side, and she practices in the dark arts. She will offer help to others, but there is always a motive behind it.

Miwa Hiroshi
21597075:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg

Miwa Hiroshi is a fellow male student, who is drawn in by Sai Akuto's presense, and acts as Sai's right hand man (without Sai's consent). Hiroshi is very touchy about being weak.

My thoughts:
Well, to my surprise after watching the first episode, I found it was a "harem" style. I can see the harem element in it, but it doesn't feel fully focused on it, and present it in more of an action hero gets the ladies sort of way. So the harem deal doesn't feel so much like typical otaku fantasy crap.

The show has a decent amount of action to it, and a very good share of comedy, that so far I can say it pars up to History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi (in the humor department). And I hope it really caries out into action and a good plot since it has a lot of potential.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.