If causing crash?

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Alright. I am making a small system for a map I am working on. I started a new map and started writing in the custom script section. Then once I got done with the first long function, I decided to save, and World Edit crashed : (

It was about 20 if statement in a row.
I don't think the number of if's caused it, but could the fact that I didn't close them all up before I saved have caused it?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
No idea.
I just hit it once, with some bad GUI trigger... a quick conversion to JASS fixed that.
But, they were all one inside the other... and GUI has no "elseif"...

Well, you really need to want it, because it gets real messy way before.

H

H5N1

i've had several similar crashes associated with GroupAddUnit statements where i reversed the unit variable with the group variable. you might check to see if all your variable types were straight. because of this i have gotten into the habit of copying all my code to the clipboard each time i get to a save point. if it crashes i simply reopen it, paste my code back on and check for errors.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
i suggest codding in JASS Craft, makes things much easier, quicker, and it dont crash if you write something wrong

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
AceHart said:
No idea.
I just hit it once, with some bad GUI trigger... a quick conversion to JASS fixed that.
But, they were all one inside the other... and GUI has no "elseif"...

If this is the thread execution time limit then I think it is something like 10k to 16k operations*, depending on how long time each one take ofc.

*Probably the wrong word.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
No, that's quite litterally the limit on:

If
then
else
- if
- then
- else
- - if
- - then
- - - else

One shouldn't simply code like that :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.