Implementing a Mercenary Camp

touchpad

Reaction score
Is there a 'sell units' ability somewhere that could be used to make a neutral building able to sell units to any player?

I tried using triggers to set a one-way alliance between human players and a neutral player and I succeeded in making them able to use the mercenary camp building, but I could not make it so that the game charged the correct player for the purchased unit. Any input would be appreciated.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You need to create 2 abilities to get this working.

The first is a normal training ability (Make sure you have the ability type set to Train). The Ability - Info + property allows you to set which units you want to train. Remember to also set the train time to 0 (I think it is by default) so that the unit appears instantly.

The second ability that you need is of the type Interact. As the name suggests, this ability type allows others units to interact with the unit that has this ability. In your case, you will need to make sure the Share Control flag is set to true so that a player is able to buy units. There are also other options here which will allow you to control how close a unit needs to be to purchase, and which players/units are allowed to purchase.

You will need to give both of these abilities to your Merc Camp. Also remember you will need to add buttons to the Merc Camps Command Card for each unit you want to buy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.