In need of item ideas

hopy

Reaction score
Right, I haven't done anything Warcraft III for ages, been buisy with Starcraft 2, but I'll give it a shot.

Hmm, random items for the win... how about this way too annoying to forge item that's OP as hell?

The Equalizer Blade: "A great long sword forged long ago as a tool for balancing the powers of the universe."
Passive: - Increases your attack power by 25, and gives a 10% chance to deal double damage.
Passive: - Attacking units it increases the hero's argility by 1 for 10 seconds (stacks up to 10 times, max 10 bonus argility).
Passive: - When attacked it increases the hero's strenght by 1 for 10 seconds (stacks up to 10 times, max 10 bonus strenght).
Passive: - When casting an ability the hero's intelect is increased by 3 for 10 seconds (stacks up to 4 times, max bonus 12 intelect).
Passive: - Every hit drains 5 additional health from your target and adds it to your hero.
Active: - When used the Sword sets your hero's current health to 50% of its maximum health.

To forge this item you need:
- Crystal of the Equalizer: (???).
- An evil skull: (can drop from... something that's dead) (if you want these items to have effects as well: Increases armor by 2, and gives a 1% chance to instantly kill a none-hero unit on attack).
- A Splinter of Life: (can drop from a Treant or something) (if you want these items to have effects as well: drains 3 additional health from your opponent and adds it to the hero on attack).
- A patch of wool: (can drop from a sheep) (if you want these items to have effects as well: Increases movement speed by 10%, and decreases the damage from Cold attacks by 15%).
- A Sharpened Dragons Bone: (can drop from a Dragon) (if you want these items to have effects as well: Increases damage done by 25, and has 10% chance to add a bleeding effect to the target dealing 50 damage over 8 seconds).
Now, I don't know if this is all posible in your map, and if the stacking stats are easy enough to create... neither do I know how to make this item hard enough to create that it isn't posible to get at the start of the game, or rushable or something, though it should be easy enough that it's an option to get... Though, when you've maybe tweaked the numbers a little so that it fits into your map, it should be a hard to obtain, and very powerfull weapon.

The Dragon set: A (fire based) set of armor, forged fully from Dragon Scales and enchanted by special magics.
The Dragon Slayer: A strong blade that can strike with the strenght of a dragon.
Passive: - Increases the damage done by the hero wielding this weapon by 10.
Passive: - Increases all damage done to Dragon-type units by 15.
Passive: - On hit this weapon has a chance to release dragon flames, dealing 40 damage to units in a small area of effect in front of the hero, and buring them for 20 damage over 4 seconds.
Avtive: - Blazing Fury: Increases the hero using this item's attack speed by 30% for 10 seconds.
Maybe attach a shiney flame effect to the heros weapon. :D

Red Scale Wing Shield: A wing shaped shield made from red dragon scales, strong enough to deflect any physical attack and defende against any fire.
Passive: - Decreases all Fire damage gained by 30%.
Passive: - The hero has a 25% to block an attack decreasing the damage done by the attack by 20% (Custom: Hardened Skin Mountain Gaint ability).
Active: - Blazing Wall: The shield burns away any missile attacks fired at the hero for 10 seconds, making the hero immune to missile attacks for the duration (would be really awesome if this only works for attacks from the front of the hero, but I don't know if it's posible).

Dragon Scale Helmet: A Helmet forged from dragon scales, enchanted in such a way that it defends the wearer from any mind-spells.
Passive: - Increases armor by 3.
Passive: - Makes the wearer immune to Fear, Charm, Confusion and whatever else you have in your map. (yes, I realize that, in some cases, this might be a bit overpowered... maybe it's best to change it to 'decreases the chance to be hit by --- effects by 50% or something).
Active: - Dragons Roar: Makes up to 5 units close to the hero stand rooted to the ground in fear.

Dragon Scale Breastplate: A breastplate forged purely from Dragonscales and leather bands, this strong plate defends a big part of your body from physical attacks.
Passive: - Reduces all physical damage gained by 5%.
Passive: - Increases Strenght, Argility and Intelect by 5.
Passive: - When the hero dies (reaches 1 health) he becomes invulnerable (immune to all damage) for 8 seconds, during this time his health regeneration is trippled (increased 300%). This effect has a 45 second cooldown.

Now... it would be awesome to maybe add a WoW-like set bonus system to these items. Meaning that basicly, when you have multiple items from this set at once, you gain bonus effects and stats.
Dragon Scale Set:
2 set bonus (have two items from this set): Increases Strenght, Argility and Intelect by 10.
3 set bonus (have three items from this set): Increases Fire damage done, and decreases Fire damage gained by 10%.
4 set bonus (have four items from this set): Each time the hero is hit by a spell his Spell resistance is increased by 10% for 20 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.
I understand that the whole 'Increase Fire damage, and decrease fire damage part can be a bit tricky, especially when you don't have a system for that in your map, but I guess there are other ways to achieve this.

Greatstaff of the Focussed Mind: This staff, once wielded by the famous Wizard [insert name here], was lost in the war of the [insert another name here], thousands of years ago. The wielder of the staff, [insert the first name], was known for his increadable casting speed.
Passive: - Gives spells with a cooldown lower then 30 seconds a 10% chance to reset cooldown afther cast.
Passive: - Increases mana regeneration by 50%.

As always you should change the numbers I used, since I have no idea what stats you use in your maps or anything.

If you like these ideas I might come up with some more later, when I have time, but I have to go for now. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.