Increase Movementspeed and attackspeed in Water

Ulla_t

Reaction score
How do i make a unit have increased attackspeed and movementspeed when they are in water?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to accomplish with the wc3 engine. The best bet would be to give them a morph ability which makes them become another, amphibic, unit. This unit can then have better initial attackspeed / movement speed. Or just get a buff.
But checking periodically whether a unit is inside water or not would really tear down the performance of your map if you have plenty of those units to check.

Another way would of course be to place regions everywhere around water and check for entry/leave.
But that isnt all that nice either.

neckcuttabob

Reaction score
Set the units data so it can be targeted as decoration.

Copy the Spell and Buff for Endurance Aura. Change the names, icons, tooltips and visual effects of the copies whatever you like. Set the Aura Spell's targets allowed to friend, enemy and decoration.

Make a dummy unit with no unit model, no movement and no attacks enabled. Give this unit Locust and the New Aura.

Place neutral hostile copies of this unit in the river with enough frequency so the auras will all overlap and change aura size if needed. Anything in the river that counts as a decoration will get the speed buff.

While testing this I suggest you keep the Dummy visible to see where gaps in the auras are.

Strange to make him a decoration I know but this should eliminate any strain from triggers

maxou

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can do a every x.xx second, and check at the position of unit if the terrain is water, if it is, add Endurance aura (customize it as wanted, call it something like 'Water','This unit is on water, she's faster than usual'), else, remove the ability (Endurance aura)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.