Is it possible to add a buff with triggers

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
Is it possible to add a buff with triggers.
you can remove specific buffs so is there a way to add a specific buff without using a dummy unit with dummy ability to add a dummy buff

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
As far as I know, nope. But I'm pretty sure there's a system around here.. Caster system.. Ah Vexorian's caster system which allows you to create a dummy and cast the spell and all using 1 function.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
without using a dummy there is no way of which i know. but basically a buff is not more but a mere ability. internally they are equal as far as i understood. maybe using jass you could add that "buff ability" to the unit. but i doubt it would work since there are some more values which it takes to place a buff i guess.

just go with the dummy, is there any problem?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
This is such a common question; please search before posting.

without using a dummy there is no way of which i know.
It's also possible to apply a buff using an invisible self-targeting aura, but of course it won't be able to be dispelled nor will it have a limited duration.

skyblader

Reaction score
I believe he's looking for a way which does not require a dummy unit.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
@weep:
well, of course, an aura is a possibility which is obvious enough that i didnt thought about it. well, might suit your needs, depending on what you really want.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I believe he's looking for a way which does not require a dummy unit.

As Weep suggested, just add the Aura ability in a spell book and hide the spell book. This way, it provides an invisible aura, but you'll still get the aura effects. I believe the ability Tornado (Slow) or something is by default a icon-less aura ability.

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
my units will be dummies so they will have locust that why i need to add a buff .. so an aura will it gives buff ?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Can you explain what you want the buff to be? There are 2 methods that have been explained:

1. Using Spell Books + Passive abilities to apply a buff that cant be dispelled nor that will have a timed duration.

2. Alternatively, you can use dummies to apply the buff.

If you want to use dummies, you give them a simple ability like Curse to cast upon a unit, your custom buff will be applied (don't forget to remove the 33% miss).

skyblader

Reaction score
Can you explain what you want the buff to be? There are 2 methods that have been explained:

1. Using Spell Books + Passive abilities to apply a buff that cant be dispelled nor that will have a timed duration.

2. Alternatively, you can use dummies to apply the buff.

If you want to use dummies, you give them a simple ability like Curse to cast upon a unit, your custom buff will be applied (don't forget to remove the 33% miss).

It won't be necessary to use a spellbook because the unit has locust, so no one will find out :p

And yes, self aura will give your unit the buff.

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
i need to keep track of locustdumies ... there positions and everything but only the ones with a buff .. but i found another way so i don't need this anymore thank you very much
edit: for example to know if all units with buff X is near location Y then do some actions if not wait until they get there so in place of keeping track of 2 location variables i had in mind in using buff, if they got buff they still have something to do if they not they are just siting doing nothing ...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.