Is There A Way To Make A Specific Unit Yield No Experience Rewards?

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I know I could probably trigger it, but if there's something built in, I'd love to know about it. <(^_^)>

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Alright so, this is what I concluded from basic observations in the object editor and game play constants.
If you look under the stats field for a unit in the object editor, you will see the following field:

Stats - Level > 1
And under the HeroXP fields in the gameplay constants:
Hero XP Gained - Normal, Level Factor > 5.0

So basically, if you enter a level for a unit that is zero or less than zero (need to shift+enter such values), the unit will yield no experience rewards due to the multiplication by zero.
Note: I don't suggest entering a value that is less than zero, I have not observed tested such numbers for any side effects.

Though, unfortunately, I could not reproduce this manipulation for heroes. By default, the level factor for a hero's experience reward is 0.0.
I tried setting the factor to 1.0, and even a higher number later, in combination with setting the "level" of the hero to 0, as well as a negative in hopes for a bug; nothing seems to work for the heroes.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Does what I suggested not work for a specific unit?
Not to mention that "specific unit" is ambiguous in itself, so neither of us know exactly what Squeekems meant.
Though, I admit "specific unit" as in "a unique unit of a specific unit type" makes more sense now.

But back to the rhetorical question I asked you earlier... my method also works for a "specific unit."
A simple work-around for this would be to create a new unit in object editor that emulates another unit type in appearance and such; and then edit the 'Stats - Level' field in the object editor for this emulation-unit to 0, and viola. It works, albeit not the most efficient method, but if Squeekems plans on only having a few of these units of unique unit type, then it should be acceptable.

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Sorry about being ambiguous about "specific unit." I should have included "-type" at the end of that. <(o_- )>

Yeah, that should work! I tried setting the unit level below 1 for the multiplication, but I forgot to hold shift+enter. <( >_<)> Thanks for taking a look.

I noticed a problem with my map when my friend starfalled on a large group of level one units that don't fight back, and immediately reached the max level.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Are you saying that the problem with starfall occurs even with the trick to give 0 experience?

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Oh no, I was just stating that that was why I needed this. Sry again for the confusion.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.