item cost?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Is there any way to check how much an item costs with triggers?

In my map you won't be able to simply right click an item to drop it and therefor you can not sell them without triggers. That's why I need a way to figure what they cost to provide them the correct amount of gold.

ellspeedy

Reaction score
hmmm im not sure but my idea would be either a button to click or an area of the map ( like a market or whatever suits ur map) that they must go to where they can check prices of, all the items in the game, or the items they have on them.
that wouldnt be too hard, just need to play with regions / abilities to sort it out. =)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
You misunderstood my question, I needed a way to find out how much the item was worth in gold so I could supply the player with the correct amount.

Anyway, I just thought of a way:
You can check how much life an item has with triggers, that way I can put the items life to their gold cost and from there get the correct values.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Well I don't think you can get the gold cost through triggers, but the resale value of all items 1/2 of it's original cost. So if you were to put all the original costs into an array, as well as items types, you can do a loop where you would find the item type then use that integer index to find the cost then divide it by 2 to get the resale value. For instance: (Warning, poor diagram ahead)

Code:
ItemArray[]                CostArray[]
Item1[1] = potion          Cost[1] = 100
Item[2] = boots            Cost[2] = 500
Item[3] = sword            Cost[3] = 1000

So now to find the cost of boots you would do something like

Trigger:
  • For each Integer A from 1 to 3 do actions
    • Loop - Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • Item type of Item[Integer A] = boots then
      • Then - Actions
        • Player - Add ((Cost[Integer A])/2) to (Player 1 (Red)) current gold
      • Else - Actions

Sorry that was freehanded, but hopefully you get the idea.

So, basically The cost of Item[1] is held in Cost[1] and the cost of Item[2] is in Cost[2] etc. Then you can loop from 1 to max number of items and find your costs that way.

And the problem with using item life as cost is that items can be damaged, so that could potentially cause an issue.

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Kazuga, I asked a similar question awhile back, and there appeared to be no answer... except I came up with one...

Code:
Set MyInt = (Integer((Current life of (Sold Item))))

With this, you can detect the HP of a Sold/Bought Item... as long as you set the HP to the same as the Cost... you can effectively detect the Cost.

EDIT: Wups! You answered your own question, as I once did.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
And the problem with using item life as cost is that items can be damaged, so that could potentially cause an issue.
Easily solved, make all units unable to attack items. I was at first thinking of doing like you first suggested, but since my map will have so many items it feels like too much work to go through every item putting it into a variable.

EDIT: Wups! You answered your own question, as I once did.
=)

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
EGUI got a ''EGUI Item - Get gold cost of an item''. You might wanna check it out.

Manix

Reaction score
What I suggest is include the price in the item name and then use a substring to get it :p

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
EGUI got a ''EGUI Item - Get gold cost of an item''. You might wanna check it out.
EGUI? Enchanced Graphical User Interface? I don't know if that exists in the Newgen editor, haven't found it at least.

What I suggest is include the price in the item name and then use a substring to get it :p
Not a bad idea, but I'm gonna stick with the item - life since it works really well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.