JASS NewGen Pack 1.5d

nandosman

Reaction score
what's the size of the file you downloaded? should be 8.5 mb.

i think i know your problem...,

just now my AntiVirus terminated my download upon completion.. due to rtchack.
disable your AV when downloading.

That was the problem oO

A_Real_Idiot

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with this, when I hit test map button ( even after saving map ) the w3 crashes ( world editor works fine though ). Even if I use the NewGen Warcraft.exe or we.bat it makes it crash. Why is that ? Works with normal WE :eek:. I am using eurobattle.net ( Sorry official players :( ] so could that have edited the files that make it crash ? When I use Newgen Warcraft it says that it cannot hack game.dll :| Any way to fix ?

Chaoslux

Reaction score
I downloaded NewGen WE today because i got into a phase of going back to mapmaking.

If i save a map using it, i cannot start it in Warcraft 1.24 version, not the testmap button but a real warcraft game, i find the map in the list, but when i type create game, it just comes back to the menu again. The map is unloadable.

I know rare are the people that do this, but i backtracked a good amount of pages, both on this forums and other forums discussing NewGenWE, i followed most of the good info i could find on the way, such as Upgrading JASSHelper and TESH and disabled "Reinventing the Craft" (setup an exception for it in AVG even)
But it still happens:

-> I manually load Warcraft 3, i take say Map X, which loads under 1.24
-> I make a copy of that map and rename it Map Y
-> Then i load Map Y into NewGen WE, it loads flawlessly, i edit the icon of one of the items and decided to save it (Just a dummy change, to make sure i dont change the triggers first)
-> After the save, i close NewGen WE, dont click on the "TestMap" button, i just manually load Warcraft 3 again.
-> I go to LAN Menu, press the Create Game, choose Map Y...warcraft 3 freeze for a second, and puts me back on the LAN Menu

The mere fact of saving the map under NewGen WE made it unloadable, it is not a return bug in the triggers, the triggers are flawless at this moment. I have also excluded most of the other "common problems" i found while backtracking. It still does not want to work!

/sadface

Any clues on how to fix that?

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Try turning of 'Reinventing the Craft' it has given me problems and also there is a thread for these problems. Almost just under this one.
This could also help
AntiVirus's can terminat downloads upon completion.. due to rtchack.
disable your AV when downloading and installing.

A_Real_Idiot

Reaction score
Try turning of 'Reinventing the Craft' it has given me problems and also there is a thread for these problems. Almost just under this one.
This could also help

I don't know if you said this to me, but I tried it and it worked. THANK YOU! :)

Chaoslux

Reaction score
This could also help

If that was directed at me, you may have missed the lines:

i followed most of the good info i could find on the way, such as Upgrading JASSHelper and TESH and disabled "Reinventing the Craft" (setup an exception for it in AVG even)

I wish that was the problem :(

envenger

Reaction score
i got a problem when i path the location "could not find warcraft 3" then could not find "worldedit.exe" any solutions

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Is the NewGen warcraft useable?
Cause when i started the warcraft, an error occur and when i press test map nothing happened.

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Is the NewGen warcraft useable?
Cause when i started the warcraft, an error occur and when i press test map nothing happened.

Make sure Reinventing the Craft is disabled before testing the map. That should make it work :thup:

Seprest

Reaction score
A quick question

I wasn't able to find an overall readme in the download, but I extracted it to its own foulder, ran the NewGen WE.exe opening new maps I've made gives the error that it was made with a newer version of world editor.

I didn't do any major custom scripts in my new maps, so can I safely open up my maps in the new editor, I'm assuming the warning is just because of the nature of the program.

Also, what parts of this package could I strip to just give basic interface additions/modifications that make my life easier to do envrioments+triggers(non custom scripts/jass). I have a feeling I don't need most of the stuff in this package.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
A quick question

I wasn't able to find an overall readme in the download, but I extracted it to its own foulder, ran the NewGen WE.exe opening new maps I've made gives the error that it was made with a newer version of world editor.

I didn't do any major custom scripts in my new maps, so can I safely open up my maps in the new editor, I'm assuming the warning is just because of the nature of the program.

Also, what parts of this package could I strip to just give basic interface additions/modifications that make my life easier to do envrioments+triggers(non custom scripts/jass). I have a feeling I don't need most of the stuff in this package.

If it says like that, dont care. The NewGen has more functions than World Editor. :D

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A quick question

If you are a JASSer, then this is essential.

lucifekit

Reaction score
I don't see the Function in get handle ID like in we 1.24

Can we hack JNGP again to see it.

JNGP :

screenhunter17apr122152.jpg

WE 1.24:

screenhunter18apr122155.jpg

lario93

Reaction score
wehack.lua:437

I am able to save my map with this script, but when I try to test it using the WE, this pops up:

wehack.lua:437: attempt to index global 'rtc_enabled' (a nil value)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.