RPG Journeyton

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Journeyton - WIP

Introduction

A long time ago you were seen as a hero. You risked your life to let the world see another day. After the defeat of the Sundar you went back to stopping criminal operations, usally by the Cutthroat's and saving civilians by rescuing cats from trees and other things that didn't test your steel. Until one day, you did a wrong move, you dropped Mrs Parkers cat when getting it down from the tree and then all of a sudden your name was ruined. People started to question you, to hate you. It wasn't long before they started unearthing crimes you had commited to save other people. They made you pay by locking you up in a Cell, away from the rest of the world and let you rot.

5 years later...

The damp cell drives you made, the door cannot be broken due to a magical barrier, only opened from the outside. While the Hero has been locked away, evil has been able to rise again in the world. The Cutthroat gang has recruited masses amounts and hide in the forest just a small walk away from the capital city and the Sundar have made a recovery and have started releasing their toxic plague to turn people into the undead. Forest Falls has lost the light and been plagued by a shadow which scares the peacful forest trolls into dark trolls, serving demons and the Light Hope Ridge that you lived in has been plagued by Saytars and renamed as Death's Ridge. On top of all of this a new world has been discoverd call the Crystal Lands. Much has changed...
Looking up you see a figure walking towards your cell. He unlocks the door and asks for your help, you reply 'I will help you, but this time it will cost you...'

About the Game

You start off in a cell and are freed when a attack by the sundar (A mystical band of necromancers who plague the minds and very souls of their victims) threatens to kill the prison guards. Once the prison guards realise you have escaped they will hunt you down. The first bit of the game is half sotry lined half free play. Your first objective is to level to 8 and then you can be granted access to the Crystal Lands. Once there then the free play can begin.

There will be a number of quests which are properly laid out and easy to follow. Once your higher leveled the quests will become more fun. You have to buy your abilities (at the moment you cannot unlearn your brought abilities to make room for new ones, need hep on that) and you can hire troops to fight for you.

At the moment the project is in Alpha stage, the terrain has been 90% completed for the main lands but not started on the Crystal lands. I will be releasing the Alpha stage shortly.

The game at the moment is Singleplayer, i know what your thinking, Single Player is crap etc etc... but don't worry! I need the game to be perfect in single player before i take the massive role of making it multiplayer.

This RPG is different from the rest because A - I made it hehe and B - it will test not only your clicking skills but also your brain with quests that must test your knowledge on riddles, puzzels and maths sums (not extremly hard ones) and C - Some of the landscape is can be interacted to use to your advantage. I will add more of that later on in the project.

WIP

Terrain
Main Lands - 90%
Crystal Lands - 0%
Quests
Main Lands - 30%
Crystal Lands 0%
Triggers - 40%

The Alpha stage will not contain a great deal, i just need input from you to see how the game is and how it can be imporved before i go too deep into the game.

Screen Shots

WC3ScrnShot_020109_180612_01.jpg

The Entrance to the prison island. Guarded by guards and a high powered catapult that only heros can use ;)

WC3ScrnShot_020109_180735_03.jpg

Third in command of the Sundar, only 2 people have to die and he becomes the leader... lucky him, and lucky for you as he isn't that strong yet carries cool items. You need the key to reach him and you get that from a quest (not in Alpha stage)

WC3ScrnShot_020109_181953_04.jpg

Oh no! The guards noticed me...

WC3ScrnShot_020109_182109_09.jpg

Wow, a catapult with no one using it and a bunch of ghouls about to kill me...

WC3ScrnShot_020109_182117_10.jpg

Meh, finished with it so lets dump it cos i cant take it with me

WC3ScrnShot_020109_182212_13.jpg

The quest layout - they are basically the same: Description, Short Description, Rewards

WC3ScrnShot_020109_182229_15.jpg

The new camp in Forest Falls, I think you shall spend most of your time there...

History of Journeyton
The Main Lands

100 years before the Hero, the last king of the Mainland decided to see if he could comminicate with other life outside of his own world. By doing so he discoverd the Broken Lands. When there first laid eyes upon it they saw nothing but Crystals so they named it the Crystal Lands but its inhabitants called it the Broken Lands because the land was ravaged by plague, curruption and death. It wasn't long before it seeped through into the Mainlands and started currupting life. For 50 years Humans lived in fear of being slaughterd by the Sundar.

The Sundar were first created when the curruption infected a strong Ancient of Forest Falls, this Ancient started to infect Forest Falls, in doing so summoned the old evil which hides also within Forest Falls. This Old Evil which hasn't been dsicvoerd drove the Peacful trolls mad, they started summoning Demons, these demons called them selves the Burning Leigon (yes same one from WoW) and spoke of the main land being defeated. 5 years later after the prohecy, the undead started appearing from the spot where the Currupted Ancient slept. They swarmed and infected all life causing misformed beings. After another 10 years of brutul murders and wide scale panic the Hero stood up. No one knew where the Hero came from, not even the Hero knew. All he remembers is waking up in a hospital from the Mainlands.

The hero drove back the Demons and sealed the Ancient under Forest Falls, there it sleeps in eternal slumber. The Old Evil fled and hasn't been seen since and the Sundar retreated into the snowy mountains, there they lived on little flesh they could find. After the Sundar had left the small villages that had been ravaged started to argue with each other over land. Thus the Cutthroats were born, at first there were a bunch of farmers with guns but a business man brough the gang and supplied it with enchanted gear. The business man was never discoverd, he lives today but the Cutthroats live in the Forests outside the Capital. That is one of their main headquaters, the other is in the Crystal Lands and is much bigger as the forest does not give them much room.

After the Hero had to retire the Sundar started to come down from the mountains and the Old Evil appeared again summoning Saytar to destroy the Lights Hope Breach thus creating Deaths Breach. It was from here that the first Dragons were born, they havn't played much of a role in the history... yet. The Sundar had forgotten about The Crystal Lands until the Archmage opened another portal, it attracted their attention and have fled through the portal finding weaker foe's. The Necromancer stayed in the Mainlands to look after the Sundar there but the Sundar are been threaten to be pushed back into the mountains. Strangley they are scared of something from the mountains and farmers around the area have been spotting wild things ever since the portal opened.

The Crystal Lands

Coming soon...

Change Log

V0.1
Terrain Created
Triggers added
Quest Layout Added
Intilizied the Project
Added Custom Items
Added Custom Abilities

V0.3
Added Shops
Added Main Cities
Added Dungeons

V0.3.5
Added Forest Falls
Added quests around Forest Falls
Created a Revival Code
Screen Shots Added
Fixed the hunting quest
Protected the map (Mr N00B "Darn that cheeky lil bi*ch, i can't steal any work now. Guess its back to spamming gibberish")

V0.5
It has been released!
Forest Falls terrain has been fully completed, all that could be done is more quests.
Starting to create quests in the capital city for destroying the Cutthroat army (i wouldn't reccomend going there in Alpha version, if you wanna get ur ass wooped then by all means go)
The third in command of the sundar lives in the fortress, he needs to be eliminated quickly as possible, that will be coming up soon

V0.5.8
Background information is now on this thread - it will give you hints of what has been and what is to come, be weary as The Crystal Lands history has not been added

Attachments

• Journeyton.w3x
    400 KB · Views: 196

duderock101

Reaction score
sure, but first you need to pass a simple test.

Create me a leakless revival system that will revive any unit (excpet units from Player 1 red or any other i choose) at the exact point i place them in the WE.

I have a few teams, Red, Pink and Dark Green that i don't want to respawn. If you can do that then yes you can join da team hehe.

OMG OMG OMG, calm down... Alpha Version is RELEASED

This only took a week or two so im doing well

sidove

Reaction score
so you don't want to player 1 red to revive?
Edit: So it only revive creeps or what?

sidove

Reaction score
If i got it right here it is: Player 1 can be revived, creeps, Dark green and Pink?

duderock101

Reaction score
hehe no

here we go

Everything EXCEPT red, Pink and Dark Green can be revived.

If it is Red, Pink or Dark Green then it Can't be revived

Back on topic

I have added history, if you ever get bored you can read it, it hints to you what has happend and what is to come.

I would like to know what you think, it is Alpha so im saying you could get 10 minutes out of it.

duderock101

Reaction score
heros and units

No ones DL the map... shame, i put hard work into that. Well nvm, at least i can enjoy it! :D

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
The map itself looks promising. However, I am not really attracted to it as the screenshots show ghouls outside a gate (too typical).
Now, as for the test, there is a tutorial on how to create one in the world-editor-tutorials site I believe :p.
Frankly, I would be more attracted to the map if you showed some combat screenies :D

duderock101

Reaction score
The map itself looks promising
Ty

I am not really attracted to it as the screenshots show ghouls outside a gate (too typical).

I suppose... i really don't have much to screenie as the map isn't near completion any time soon. But i shall update the screenies and add better ones. The map shall become more fun as you progress and become stronger.

there is a tutorial on how to create one in the world-editor-tutorials site I believe

Looked, found it, only for neutrul hostile and i can't be asked trying to rewrite it just so it works for other players, unless u wanna help hehe

Frankly, I would be more attracted to the map if you showed some combat screenies

That will be on my Next-to-Do list.

One thing that I seen that is very noticeable is your terrain, it needs a big work

Terrain isn't completed yet, Alpha stage. I am creating the basics then i will go over and tweak it. But yes your right it does need ALOT of work.

sry man i can't be your trigger couldn't figure it out sry

Meh, never mind, im sure u tried your best ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.