Leak inquiry

Tythoid

Reaction score
The current map im working on is heavily triggered with over 200 units triggered my issue is that alot of my triggers are very similar and if they leaked this would cause alot of problems ingame so I just a few answers to leaks that I couldn't find answers for in the tutorial.

Does this action leak?
Code:
Game - Display to [COLOR="Red"](All players matching ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Matching player))) [/COLOR]the text:

Does this action leak?
Code:
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to [COLOR="red"]points8p1Engineer_habstation[/COLOR]
point8p1 is a variable set point btw

If these do leak any solutions would be great

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
both of them leak unless you remove them like this:

Code:
Set Force = (All players matching ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Matching player)))
Game - Display to Force the text:
Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_Force)

Code:
set points8p1Engineer_habstation = .....
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to points8p1Engineer_habstation
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_points8p1Engineer_habstation)

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Does this action leak?
Code:
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to [COLOR="red"]points8p1Engineer_habstation[/COLOR]
point8p1 is a variable set point btw
This action doesn't leak. However, the action where you set the points8p1Engineer_habstation variable might leak depending on how your code looks. If you only set the variable once (for example at Map Initialization) then it doesn't leak otherwise it does leak. Fix it as described in the post by darkbeer.

Tythoid

Reaction score
Thanks for your help heres a few more
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Unit Group - Pick every unit in Teleporters[/COLOR] and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 20.00% transparency
        Animation - Change (Picked unit) flying height to 30.00 at 200.00

Teleporters is a unit group variable set at start of game would does it still leak though?

Ive put
Code:
Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_Force)
Into the player gorup triggers, this disabled them all darkbeer your code is wrong

Tythoid

Reaction score
found a better way to remove leak for the player group
Code:
Game - Display to (All players matching ((Triggering player) Equal to (Matching player)))

Code:
Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player)))
this doesnt leak does it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.