Learn Ability Type With Research Abilities

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
I've been researching on sc2mapster and this forum and found about making Abilities of type Learn for heroes(like wc3). The ability that associated with the Learn Ability is most often Ability of type Effect-Target.
My question is i have a Ability type Research and in its Ability - Info field i have 3 Upgrades each with a button and a requirement. (Note these work in command card 1 normally without the learn ability)
However i want it to work with a Learn Ability.
Anyone able to help?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Just to clarify, are your upgrades supposed to work passively in that learning them on your hero acts the same as researching them? I also assume that each level of the ability should 'research' the next level of the upgrade? I have a couple of ideas on how to go about doing it but am a little unsure of how exactly you want it to work.

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
Ye initially when i made them was in command card 1 just that you click 1 and it upgrades the heros weapon to cleave and so on and was allworking and ye its passive so at lvl 3 the icon changed so it just showed but now i want to learn how to make it so its in command card 2 via *hero abilities* button and so on :).
Tell me your ideas anyway they might help me cos i got soooo stuck even though i thought it would work
:S i pretty much tried to follow "http://forums.sc2mapster.com/resources/tutorials/16087-complete-noobs-guide-to-dota-style-maps-part-2/#p13" that link and i dunno just didnt like me when i used research type ability instead of a effect - target

Dave312

Reaction score
If the upgrade is only going to effect the hero who learns them, then you need to create a passive levelable ability which uses behaviours to apply the desired effect. In this case you should take a look at this video tutorial. If you want the upgrade to effect all the players units (or just some units), give these units the behaviour which applies the bonus, and give the behaviour a requirement that any hero must have learned a dummy skill (the video tutorial linked above should help to create a dummy skill).

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
i was trying to make something along the lines of snipers move from dota where it increases his range by blah blah distance :)

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
TY Dave that link worked heapswell and is what i was looking for +rep :). I was looking at upgrades instead of behaviours when behaviours is what i needed :p

Dave312

Reaction score
For the more complicated weapon altering stuff (such as changing a weapons effect), you will need to have a separate weapon and use the behaviour to change the weapon being used.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.