Leveling a Spellbook

AriesX_420

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a spell book as an ability for a Hero. It has 5 Levels, and you gain 1 Level every ten levels of your Hero.

(Lvl 10)When you get to the 1st spellbook it will give you 2 spells, it works! :)

(lvl 20)When you get to the 2nd spellbook level it will give you an additional 2 spells. Still works
(Probably not enough spells in the book to start messing with me)

(lvl 30)When you get to the 3rd Spellbook level, it will give you another 2 spells....

However sometimes it will go over the first couple of spells you already have and replace it. Im not taking out the Spells from the first levels either, Im just adding more.

In the Editor, the spells in my abilitie spellbook are in order, for example

Lvl 1 abilities - Fire bolt(lvl 1), Mana Sheild(1),
Lvl 2 abilities - Fire Bolt(lvl 2), Mana Sheild(1), Magic Shell(1)
Lvl 3 abilities - Fire Bolt(lvl 3), Mana Sheild(1), Magic Shell(1), Divine Sheild(1)

But when level up to get divine shield (or whatever) it would replace one of the other three usually... the point is that when i get to lvl 5 spellbook, theyre not all there and there is enough spaces for them all to be.

Ive look around this forum but couldnt find a solution, Please Help!
Ive fixed my metamorph problem with the spell book
Ive fixed how to level spells in the spellbook
But those damn spells just wont stay in there place!!!
HELP!

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, are you sure you've set the field "Maximum Spells" and "Minimum Spells" in the "Spellbook" ability to 4 on level 3 ?

And also, 3 on level 2 and 2 on level 1 :D

AriesX_420

Reaction score
Lol

actually i have it set to minimun 3 and max 12 so all of it...

So youre telling me i have to set it only the the exact number of spells there are in the book at that level???

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Well, I'm not quite sure...
But try it :D

Note:
actually i have it set to minimun 3 and max 12 so all of it...

Minimum 3 ? :S
You have 2 in first level :eek:

Dynamis

Reaction score
When working with a spellbook, it will work fine without designating how many spells are in it until you have 3 or more. Then you have to put the minimum amount of spells in, the max doesnt matter. Also, I would suggest giving each spell a specific spot in its spellbook so it doesnt replace the others that way. My spellbook uses 8 spells and for 3+ I had to individual change the amount each could hold.

AriesX_420

Reaction score
Thank you, I put the minimum and maximum the same amount depending on how many spells there was supposed to be at that lvl, and it worked perfectly. The Spells dont disappear anymore, and they stayed in the same place!!! Thanks alot!

Kinda feel stupid now, something sooooo simple.. lol

Joccaren

Reaction score
When working with a spellbook, it will work fine without designating how many spells are in it until you have 3 or more. Then you have to put the minimum amount of spells in, the max doesnt matter. Also, I would suggest giving each spell a specific spot in its spellbook so it doesnt replace the others that way. My spellbook uses 8 spells and for 3+ I had to individual change the amount each could hold.

The max does matter. If you don't set the max to the number of spells you have in the spellbook, a random one or more will be exluded

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.