Localization Problem

Kyuft

Reaction score
X-maul and I have been working on a map together for a while. He has the EU editor and I have the US editor. When he sent me the file to work on, there were a lot of para/values. I thought that he just messed up, until Siretu told me that they were a problem. I have edited a lot of the map, and do not want to have to do it again. I read about this problem all over SC2Mapster, and the localizers don't work for me. I am thinking about trying the following steps, but I will lose all of my edits. Is there any way that I can do this without losing my edits or the previous edits from X-maul?
Steps:

• Open your map in the Galaxy Editor
  • Save it as a component list (File -> Save As -> Data Type: Component List)
  • Close the Galaxy editor
  • Go to the folder containing your component list
  • You will see multiple folders containing localized strings. They are named according to the language, for example enGB.SC2Data for european english or enUS.SC2Data for american english
  • Merge all text files contained in those folders (there are multiple files, for example GameStrings.txt or TriggerStrings.txt). If some files are present for multiple languages, copy&paste the content of one file to the other.
  • Decide for one language to keep (you probably might want to use your own editor language version) and put all merged files into your desired language folder
  • Delete the other language folders completely
  • Open the ComponentList.SC2Components file with a text editor
  • Find all lines resembling the language (they look like this: <DataComponent Type="text" Locale="enGB">GameText</DataComponent> ) and delete all of those lines, except the one holding your desired language
  • Save everything and open the component list in your SC2 editor
  • Save it as a map file again (make sure you keep a backup!)

-Kyuft:shades:

EDIT: Solved using TextPipe

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.