Locking Map Options?

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
There a Option to Lock the Advanced Options menu that can make the WHOLE map Visible?

J

joscpe

yes....
Code:
Visibility Trigger
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Visibility - Enable fog of war
        Visibility - Enable black mask

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not clickable ? Triggers are not clickable... Above trigger will set the map Entirely visible, and there's no way to "click" to remove/edit this by any player.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Acutally his above trigger will make the map NOT Visible, and im talking about the Advanced Options when you Host a Game.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
if you do this :
Code:
Visibility
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Picked player) emitting Visibility across (Entire map)

He won't have the choice to see the map.

Defi4nc3 said:
No i mean acutally making the option it self not clickable**.

Defi4nc3 said:
Acutally his above trigger will make the map NOT Visible, and im talking about the Advanced Options when you Host a Game.

**: not clickable = can't change = entire map visible.

you contradict yourself there... Do you want it Visible or NOT Visible ?

Anyways above trigger will ensure everybody sees the map, even if he likes it or not :p

You can changea the Visibility entry to Black Mask or Fog of War if you want players to not see the map.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
I mean NOT Visible Lol... if i said anything about making it Visible either you misunderstood me or i did a typo. :rolleyes:

By the WHOLE MAP VISIBLE thing i wrote, i ment to Lock that Option (Visible Map is a option in Advanced Settings)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Code:
Game - Set Visibility - Map Explored to On
Game - Set Visibility - Hide Terrain to On
Game - Set Visibility - Always Visible to On

One of these 3. It's under Game > Set Map Flag.

J

joscpe

There is no way to edit anything on Bnet, unless it is your account settings or your map. You can create chat rooms, games and such but u will never be able to edit the Bnet screens like the waiting rooms, therefore you cannot make that function unavaliable without editing BNets code and u can't do that legaly unless you work for blizzard.

but as everyone says, you can edit the visability options in a trigger
(Actions > Visabiliy > ...)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well maybe it is possible because you can change the Teams and Races and stuff before the map starts, and he's talking about something to change before the game starts too. But as Lock Team Settings is in trigger > Game > Set Map Flag and Visibility is also in Trigger > Game > Set Map Flag I guess it prevents the player from changing the initial visibility.

See my above post.

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Nah i just thought maybe there was a Map Option somewhere that wouldn't let people use the settings.

Thanks though guys, and thanks Malto for the help.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.