Locusts in unit group?

Mittsies

Reaction score
Units with the ability "Locust" cannot be referred to (or added) to unit groups; or at least not in my experience so far. Does anyone know how a workaround is possible? (i.e. somehow adding them, OR emulating the fact that they're invulnerable and have no health-bar like a locust, etc.)

2evil

Reaction score
are you trying to add locust'd units to the in game control groups, or tryin to get WE to select them in a unit group for a trigger?

2evil

Reaction score
you can select them using either:
Units of type
Units owned by player of type

and then work with them as a normal unit

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
You can also add them to a unit group (not picking them), but reading your first thread I'm pretty sure that's not what you want.
Try giving the unit a collision size (if it doesn't already have one), also try to increase the AoE of the unit group - pick, that you're using.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Selection scale zero or a negative value. Zero has no selection circle AND hp BAR. Negative values have a selection circle and no hp BAR

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Units with the ability "Locust" cannot be referred to (or added) to unit groups; or at least not in my experience so far. Does anyone know how a workaround is possible?

Locust units can't be found by using Get Units In Range or Get Units In Region. However, you CAN use Get Units of Type. This can be useful if you check whether these units are in the rect or comparing the distance between the unit and the location using boolean or real comparisons, respectively.

Mittsies

Reaction score
Locust units can't be found by using Get Units In Range or Get Units In Region. However, you CAN use Get Units of Type. This can be useful if you check whether these units are in the rect or comparing the distance between the unit and the location using boolean or real comparisons, respectively.

Doesn't help me. I need to be able to get them in the group reguardless. Kwong's suggestion of negative selection circle solves my problems perfectly. Thanks!

Edit: Added a "W" to kong.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.