Looking for "Founding of Durotar" Campaign...

D

Darkbringer

Hi everyone, sorry for the newbie question, but this is after all my first post. =p

Anyway, I'm interested in creating an RPG like campaign similar to "The Founding of Durotar - Acts 1-3" that came with TFT. I thought that playing with those maps in the World Editor would be a good place to get my feet wet.

The trouble is I can't seem to find those maps anywhere. I tried using the WinMPQ program to open up the MPQ files in the root of the Warcraft3 directory but it seems to only show the bonus maps, units, doodads etc.

If somone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

xPheRe

Reaction score
Donwload the list of the files inside MPQ from here. You can also download some MPQ tools in this site.
Then, open the file "war3xlocal.mpq" (I think it's in this file) with your MPQ viewer and search for "\Maps\FrozenThrone\Campaign\OrcX01.w3x" to "...\OrcX01_05.w3x"
I think this is only for Act 1

D

Darkbringer

xPheRe said:
Donwload the list of the files inside MPQ from here. You can also download some MPQ tools in this site.
Then, open the file "war3xlocal.mpq" (I think it's in this file) with your MPQ viewer and search for "\Maps\FrozenThrone\Campaign\OrcX01.w3x" to "...\OrcX01_05.w3x"
I think this is only for Act 1

That's a great place to start. Thanks a lot. :)

If anyone knows where I can find Acts 2 and 3 for that campaign I'd be totally grateful. :cool:

Sargon

Reaction score
Darkbringer said:
That's a great place to start. Thanks a lot. :)

If anyone knows where I can find Acts 2 and 3 for that campaign I'd be totally grateful. :cool:

Get the most recent patch for TFT off of Blizzard's site. It'll include the last two acts of the campaign.

D

Darkbringer

Sargon said:
Get the most recent patch for TFT off of Blizzard's site. It'll include the last two acts of the campaign.

I have the patch with the Act II and III Orc Bonus campaigns, I just can't seem to find the maps for them. I Used WinMPQ to view the contents of the patch. If the campaigns are in there they don't seem to be clearly labeled. =/

D

Darkbringer

I was finally able to extract and play with the Act I maps of the Orc Bonus campaigns (OrcX01 through OrcX01-5.w3x), found in the War3xlocal.mpq.

I was able to figure out a few basic things such as setting up units with inventory like Rexxar's "stash" and those pack beasts right off the bat. I still have to figure out the more complex stuff like linking maps together, but having this example on hand is quite handy.

I still haven't found the maps for Acts 2 and 3 however and would very much like to incorporate things from those maps into an RPG I am trying to develop so if anyone knows where I can find and extract them please do share. :p

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
like the previous poster said, Acts 2 and 3 are in war3patch.mpq, in the Maps\FrozenThrone\Campaign folder.

D

Darkbringer

Maybe its my own setup but I can't file the war3patch.mpq in the path specified above. I've looked through all the obvious MPQ files, including the war3patch.mpq located in the root folder of the Warcraft III directory (the only place I could find a war3patch.mpq).

Or maybe it's my version of the WinMPQ extractor or maybe it's a fouled up patch download, but the only files I could find in the war3patch.mpq are 570 files named:

~unknowns\unknown_00000016 through ~unknowns\unknown_00003faa

If the maps are contained in that MPQ I wouldn't know which one they would be. I suppose I can extract the whole MPQ and look at the 570 files one by one in the world editor. It would save me some time however, if someome can give me a list of names of the map files for the orc campaigns if they are indeed in that mpq.

Or if someone can put all those maps in a zip file in a place where I can download, it would really be helpful.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
oops, 1) I misspoke / you interpreted what I said incorrectly

and 2) I missed some vital information

1) I meant inside war3patch.mpq there is a folder tree "Maps\FrozenThrone\Campaign" where the campaign maps are.

2) You need to download a listfile so your WinMPQ can "decode" the files inside war3patch.mpq so you can read them properly. To do that, click the "Tools and Utils" link down the left side of the webpage (<======= over that way) and then look for the link "Listfile for latest patch". That will take you to a website where you can get the file, and also tell you how to import the file into WinMPQ.

D

Darkbringer

Thanks for both posts above. I'll look into updating my WinMPQ to view the patch properly. Meanwhile the downloads of the Orc bonus campaigns from warcraft.org should come in really handy. :)

D

Darkbringer

The links to the war3patch.mpq listfiles for WinMPQ aren't working. :(

I guess I could start by downloading the maps themselves.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.