Looping movement sound, unable to add imported file.

Danis[h]

Reaction score
The title basically sums it all up. I've added a .wav file in the sound editor which I wish to use as a unit movement sound "Sound - movement"

However the sound doesn't appear on the dropdown list you can chose from. Any bright ideas?

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Maybe you need to add these properities to the sound? Like Unit, Movement or something. There are 2 drop down menu options in each sound.

Danis[h]

Reaction score
Maybe you need to add these properities to the sound? Like Unit, Movement or something. There are 2 drop down menu options in each sound.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I already tried shuffling through all the available options within the sound editor to see if it helped, but it did not.

Basically what I'm trying to do is to have my sheep (Noisy Sheep) make a cartoon "boink" sound whenever it takes a step. So I've imported the sound I want to use, tried to change all the options, but to no avail, since it didn't show up on the "Sound - Movement" list.

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Movement sounds only apply to certain kinds of ground.

What you'd have to do is do it via triggers and "apply to unit 3D position" or whatever it's called. As far as movement detection, you could do a periodic event that checks unit positions, or you could make a pain in the ass movement detection system that tells it to loop if a unit is ordered to move/attack walk/smart/cast to a position that's not in range yet, and if they can even move at that moment, then you'd have to stop it via via things that would cause movement to stop. Obviously the easier route of those two is to just evaluate unit positions with a periodic.

Danis[h]

Reaction score
Movement sounds only apply to certain kinds of ground.

What you'd have to do is do it via triggers and "apply to unit 3D position" or whatever it's called. As far as movement detection, you could do a periodic event that checks unit positions, or you could make a pain in the ass movement detection system that tells it to loop if a unit is ordered to move/attack walk/smart/cast to a position that's not in range yet, and if they can even move at that moment, then you'd have to stop it via via things that would cause movement to stop. Obviously the easier route of those two is to just evaluate unit positions with a periodic.

Good idea! although, I had hoped there would be some way around having to trigger this. Any other bright suggestions before I dwell into triggering?

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Try going to the import manager and changing the file path of your .wav file to that of another units movement sound file. For instance, change the path to
Units\Human\SteamTank\SteamTankMovement.wav

Then go back to the obj editor and set the units movement sound to HumanSteamTankMovement

AFAIK it should work, but I haven't tried it. If you try it I'd like to hear what the result was, but don't feel obligated to try :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.