Lost item issues.

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Well I really have struggled with this as I hate trying to get spoon-fed but I don't see what I am doing wrong with this trigger or a better way to do it.

I am trying to make it such that if any player's hero (one per person) loses an item the following occurs.

1. If it is dropped on the ground it turns into a different item.
2. If it is given to another hero (all heros are MECHs in this game) it is removed from the receiver's inventory and handed back to the giver immediately.
3. If it is given to a non-hero unit (including a building) it is just given as normal.
4. If it is pawned at a shop, it is just pawned as normal.

Here is the current trigger. All seems to work well "most" of the time. Rarely though when an item is dropped on the ground it just disappears howver. I know it is a complicated trigger, but any help would be appreciated.

ThySpektre

Code:
Dropped Weapon
    Events
        Unit - A unit Loses an item
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Vehicle (MECH) (mech)
    Actions
        Wait 0.01 seconds
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Item being manipulated) is owned) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Picked unit) has (Item being manipulated)) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Vehicle (MECH) (mech)
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Hero - Create (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) and give it to (Triggering unit)
                                        Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
                                        Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: You may not give it...
                                    Else - Actions
                            Else - Actions
            Else - Actions
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to 81, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to WeaponSelected[(Integer A)]
                                ((Item being manipulated) is Hidden) Equal to False
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Create 1 MineType[(Integer A)] for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Item being manipulated)) facing Default building facing degrees
                            Else - Actions
                Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is in your last condition check. That one which checks if it belongs to a variable with an array of size 81. And that same one which checks if the item is hidden.

I dunno what exactly may be the problem, but look at the size of your array, also look if there is a trigger hidding an item somewhere in your triggers.

Just keep in mind that one of those 2 conditions make it bug because if it returns false it will make the item disappear but won't create a new one, since the 2 conditions must be true.

Good luck :D

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Thaks,

Sometimes you need to just step away from something a while.

It was a tupo as you notices. The correct array in my map is WeaponType...not WeaponSelected.

Thanks,

ThySpektre

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess you figured it out by yourself then ;)

Good luck !

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.