Magic Bullet (random damage)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello,

This is a short question

- I gave my ghost 10% chance to fire a magic bullet
- The magic bullet deals between 250 and 500 damage

How do I make a text tag appear once the magic bullet occurs?

Marloes

(the text tag must NOT appear on the targeted unit but above the ghost which fired it)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
The easiest way to do this, would be to make the damage effect deal 0 damage, and then deal the damage with a trigger.

Setting an Integer Variable to a random integer between 250 and 500. Then deal the Integer Variable as damage to the Triggering Effect Target and display the Integer Variable as floating text, above the Triggering Effect Caster.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
lol ofcourse!! thank you!

I had a damage-effect between 250 and 500 but I didn't know how to refer the number to triggers :)

EDIT: ok problem, I create a random integer between 250 and 500 but the text tag is showing a different number

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You have to assign a random integer to a variable, then use this variable for the damage and the text message. You DON use random for damage and random for text becouse the editor generate a random number in both of the actions so it colud be different. The random generation must be only one (so you have to "remember" the int generated by assigning it to a variable and then use the stored value). Of course you have to change that number every time a shot is fired.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.