Make a Hydralisk attack ground

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
Hello hello again,

I have written the following trigger:

Unit Group - Pick each unit in (Any units in Collosi Boss Base owned by player 15 matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount) and do (Actions)
Actions
General - For each integer HydraLoop from 1 to 18 with increment 1, do (Actions)
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Hydralisk Attack for player 15 at ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 1.0 towards (20.0 * HydraLoop) degrees) facing (20.0 * HydraLoop) degrees (No Options)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to ( Attack targeting ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 0.0 towards (20.0 * HydraLoop) degrees)) (Replace Existing Orders)
Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

how do i get this trigger to work correctly? the idea is that the spirals go out at 20 degrees from each other (18 in total making a 360 degree arc), at the moment they spawn and all just attack a nearby enemy. FYI using the default hydralisk settings with the weapon unit mover changed to ballistic

And more questions:

I made a trigger in a library i imported run a trigger that i added outside of the libraries, however when i try to save it has an error and says:

Script Failed to Compile:
TriggerExecute(gt_trigger1, true, false);

How can i fix this?

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
the name of your thread is 'make a hydralisk attack ground' this is simply done by going to the weapon and select 'ground' in the search filter

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
the name of your thread is 'make a hydralisk attack ground' this is simply done by going to the weapon and select 'ground' in the search filter
Please take the time to read the question, your titles are by far not always correct.

giv_me_rep
Please post your triggers in the [CODE.]trigger[CODE/.] brackets :)(without the . ofcourse) (You can also change the CODE to WC3)
As far as I can see you are ordering the units to attack the same point? You set the offset to 0, which means that it will rotate the angle but it will stay in the same possition.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I'm not familliar with CODES and didn't know Warcraft 3 but I'm sure hydralisks will attack ground if you program it in the weapon

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
This is an one of my triggers, this is how it looks when inserted in CODE tags:
Code:
Init
    Events
        Game - Map initialization
    Local Variables
        X = 0 <Integer>
    Conditions
    Actions
        General - For each integer X from 1 to 12 with increment 1, do (Actions)
            Actions
                Visibility - Create a visibility revealer for player X within (Entire map)
                Camera - Pan the camera for player X to Center over 0.0 seconds with Existing Velocity% initial velocity, 10% deceleration, and Do Not use smart panning
                Unit - Order all units in AttackersSouth to ( Attack targeting (Position of (Random Living unit from Runner Group))) (Replace Existing Orders)
                Camera - Lock camera input for player X
                Player - Modify player X Minerals: Set To 120
And this is how it looks when inserted into WC3 tags:
Trigger:
  • Init
    • Events
    • Game - Map initialization
    • Local Variables
    • X = 0 &lt;Integer&gt;
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • General - For each integer X from 1 to 12 with increment 1, do (Actions)
    • Actions
    • Visibility - Create a visibility revealer for player X within (Entire map)
    • Camera - Pan the camera for player X to Center over 0.0 seconds with Existing Velocity% initial velocity, 10% deceleration, and Do Not use smart panning
    • Unit - Order all units in AttackersSouth to ( Attack targeting (Position of (Random Living unit from Runner Group))) (Replace Existing Orders)
    • Camera - Lock camera input for player X
    • Player - Modify player X Minerals: Set To 120
You see how much easier it is to read it when you do it like that?
(please note that the trigger has nothing to do with anything in this thread)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.