Make a unit untargetable, yet still can damage with spells?

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Is there a way to do this?
I did search but didn't find anything.

RedOrb

Reaction score
Thanks Smitty, this way certainly cripples normal attacks, but it also cripples my spell too (Shockwave).
Is there anything with targets?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you just tell us what effect you want to achieve and we might tell you what you can do.

RedOrb

Reaction score
Hi Accname,
I want some worms to be sliming around, and not attacked normally, but as part of a job, where you are given a shockwave ability to take them out. I could set them to neutral passive, but for some reason, shockwave doesn't affect neutral passive's the same way that it affects enemies. If we could find a solution, I think it'd be great for a number of different uses.
Thanks, ;]

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
here is what you do:
You create another copy of these worm units and give them the "locust" ability.

Then you copy the ability "Chaos" from the steam tank or the chaos orcs and change the tech tree requirements to nothing and the unit type transformation to your original worm unit.

Now you give this ability to the copy of your worm units, the ones with locust.

What happens?
You create the dummy, locust worms now.
The chaos ability will immediately take action and transform them into the real worm units.
Because they once were locust units the worms can now not be selected anymore but still be damaged and targeted.

if you dont want them to be targetable at all you dont need chaos and you dont need a copy of the units but give them locust and see if it works.
If i remember correctly locust units can still be damaged but will not respond to any triggers which pick all units within rect nor range.

Kike

Reaction score
If you want to be untargetable by normal attacks but still taking damage by spells... why don't you use the banish spell? was the first thing that come in mind lol, remove the movement decrease and the effect, etc... and it's done :)

RedOrb

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, although yeh, I'm really looking to take away their target, yet still subject to (at least) AoE damage from shockwave. If I can't find any other way, I'll trigger shockwave to damage the units.

Smitty

Reaction score
I don't undretand why my method didn't work. It shouldn't be affecting shockwave at all :/

RedOrb

Reaction score
Yeh.. It shouldn't.. It is strange. Just part of how shockwave works I suppose. If you try it and get it to work, let me know how you did it ;]

I've settled for using trigs to damage the area that shockwave hits and setting the enemies to neutral passive. Without damaging via trigs, shockwave itself won't hurt a fly unless you target the unit directly, which is only half useful, and ultimately useless.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.