Make Windows Phone Apps, Win Prizes (dvlup.com)

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
About
  • Its pretty straight forward, make a windows phone 8 app, (required to have windows 8 + visual studio 2012) Win prizes.
  • For each challenge you build in app (250-800) points.
  • With your points you can select a prize. You can win several different windows 8 phones, Xbox, gift cards ect.
1500 Points = $100 gift card.
5625 Points = XBOX KINECT 250GB

So, you get the idea. there's a lot of stuff. So anyone interested in pushing out some windows phone apps, check it out. If you need help getting started let me know. I pushed out 20 apps in the last 4 weeks. 9 of them are trivia apps but the rest are basic to moderate games.

Ill Add the list of the apps I did, here after they go though the submit process (about 10 went though the others I am waiting for) So you can see what sorta apps I did. If anyone's interested. I spent 2-10 hours on most of the apps, and 1 of them over 200 hours.

The apps that get attention, Ill likey spend more time updating and later on adding adds to.

Happy coding :)

http://www.dvlup.com

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I have yet to see a windows phone IRL. Dont know anyone who has one, nor do I see them in stores.. Do they sell.. At all.. Compared to iPhone and Android ones?

rover2341

Reaction score
Sorry IPeez I don't even know what IRL stands for.
Do you mean this? http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store.

Windows phone is still a very small part of the market compared to iphone and android. The hardware for there phones has been very behind intill lately its just now getting two high end phones out (android and iphone still have higher but there much closer).

But with a risk free contest like this its hard for me to iqnore those gift cards. And I have am having some successes with my main app (Its free) at 550$ last month, and 400$ the month before (from adds).

iPeez

Reaction score
It stands for In Real Life. I meant that I have seen pictures, but no real windows phone outside of my computerscreen, yet.

And really?? You made that much off adds? And how many downloads does the app have? (compared to the income)?

rover2341

Reaction score
hahah, I have only seen about 4 phones from real people, and I am going to a collage. I see lots of phones. ya its like 1 in 50 or less right now.

I hit #1 in windows phone for awhile. Sure I don't mind sharing.

My eCPM, is 34 cents.
I made 100$ three months ago, 325$ two months ago, and 550$ this last month.
I am going to make a upgrade option for 1.20$ (removes adds) so I get 1 buck, in a few weeks. Still working on some crazy bugs. that should boost it quite a bit, I Hope.

Ya in real life :) I was Num #1 in free app section, but droped down to about 25th. It had a 20% crash rate due to some bugs. Its down to 12%, but I am hoping to get it down to 2% by the end of this month.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/top-free-games

Games I have on market place (None make cash but my roller coaster game)
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/s...41&appId=cf0dc012-3dbd-4a49-b376-d1d71409cdcc

But am also pushing a multiplayer Pokémon puzzle type game. I hope to make something off of that as well, and push it to imagine cup.

Attachments

• RCChart.png
    RCChart.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 317

iPeez

Reaction score
Your rollercoaster game.. Remember when you developed that. Is it for Android aswell?

rover2341

Reaction score
Not yet. Soon...

My goal was after new years to push it to android and iphone by using unity. But at this point Its still got a bit more work I need to do on the windows phone version. So Hopefully in next 1-2 months.

If I want to convince my wife I don't have to work a 8-10$ job this summer (Unless I get the Intel internship) I gota get my income up to 2k a month (Possible with just windows phone). If I push it to android, I should get something from it, Compared to android's top free roller coaster games, I would be top 3, of the 6 on it that found. and the 3rd best is doing pretty well. So we will have to see how that plays out, more people use android for sure, but a lot more apps, and a lot harder to get even a little attention. So if it doesn't do good in the first week, no one will likely find it on android. But I plan to pay for 200-400 bucks in advertising for the first month, when I push it. To give it a chance. And have 100% ad trade. so instead of making money I will trade adds with other apps, to get more dls, and push mine up the list.

But I was out of town for awhile and have been busy working on my project for imagine cup. School starts tomorrow for me.

iPeez

Reaction score
Not yet. Soon...

My goal was after new years to push it to android and iphone by using unity. But at this point Its still got a bit more work I need to do on the windows phone version. So Hopefully in next 1-2 months.

If I want to convince my wife I don't have to work a 8-10$ job this summer (Unless I get the Intel internship) I gota get my income up to 2k a month (Possible with just windows phone). If I push it to android, I should get something from it, Compared to android's top free roller coaster games, I would be top 3, of the 6 on it that found. and the 3rd best is doing pretty well. So we will have to see how that plays out, more people use android for sure, but a lot more apps, and a lot harder to get even a little attention. So if it doesn't do good in the first week, no one will likely find it on android. But I plan to pay for 200-400 bucks in advertising for the first month, when I push it. To give it a chance. And have 100% ad trade. so instead of making money I will trade adds with other apps, to get more dls, and push mine up the list.

But I was out of town for awhile and have been busy working on my project for imagine cup. School starts tomorrow for me.
We tend to share apps we like among us on facebook. So let me knoe when you kick it off and maybe I can help out with the start.. A little. :)

And what is a 8-10$ job ;s?

rover2341

Reaction score
Cool.

8-10$ job = working full time at subway (8-10), Call center (10$), gas station(8$) or I used to drive school buses for 2 years, Maybe some driving job that needs a commercial drivers license.

Her dad, used to run some computer repair shops, Hes friends with a lot of the mangers for them, he might be able to find me a summer job in one of them, if I grab my a++ cert before summer. But

If I did that full time, 40 hours a week * 10 = 400 a week * 4 = 1600.
So I would need at least 1600 month to Avoid Working this summer.
Cause making games isnt work, its mostly fun.

iPeez

Reaction score
Best of luck with that then! :)
I should stop complaining about my job..

rover2341

Reaction score
Just Owned In Dlvup.com I pushed Tons of apps. Getting my self to 20,000 Points. 2nd place in leader board at the moment. Lots of Prizes for me. :)

They have 6 other speail apps they want out by next month, I gona try and do them all all as well. "Cyclist Mapping and Route App", "Friends Near Me", "Socialcast client". and a few others.

This is great I am enjoying making the apps they toss up and learning lots. And cant wait for the prizes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.