Making map non-WEU

Devrak

Reaction score
So I made my map with WE Unlimited and got scared as hell when WE Unlimited suddenly stopped working and I couldn't open the map in the normal WE. I solved the problem by simple reinstalling WEU but now I am unable to start wc3 with it. So, since it seems like WEU is buggin' like hell I was wondering if it is possible to make the map non-WEU in a somewhat easy and not-so-painful way?

Edit: I'm not using any of the special functions in WEU either, so it feels kinda unnecessary to have it.

Devrak

Reaction score
Delete the trigger file from the map (put an empty or delete war3map.wtg) with a MPQ editor from your map.

note: not reversible.

LOL, ok. What if I would just copy everything from the map to another, non WEU map? Would take hundred years though, considering all my units and abilities. :| Ah well, thanks for the reply.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you use any of the WEU "special" triggers?

Silver

Reaction score
About the objects and abilities, you can just export object data, and then import it to your new map = everything in object editor, ability editor, doodad editor, destructible editor, upgrade editor, etc on one click to your new map.
You can also copy terrain, as well as destructibles, regions and cameras (if you didn't know yet). All of them should only cost two clicks each.

Devrak

Reaction score
Do you use any of the WEU "special" triggers?

Nope, I did not. Atleast not that I know of.

About the objects and abilities, you can just export object data, and then import it to your new map = everything in object editor, ability editor, doodad editor, destructible editor, upgrade editor, etc on one click to your new map.
You can also copy terrain, as well as destructibles, regions and cameras (if you didn't know yet). All of them should only cost two clicks each.

Thank you, you just saved me from copying ~100 units and ~150 abilities one by one! About terrain and destructibles, yeah I knew that. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.