Map Changes !

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Xel'naga and Arid Plateau are no longer playable. It was about time, seriously.

The two new add ons are decent. They are user created maps, and are, if nothing more, pretty nice to look at.

Ladies and gentleman, put your hands together for:

Cloud Kingdom
MJTE13NZZMQ11328810429042.jpg

This is the decent map. Fast expanding is risky, the third and 4th are really open, so drop play and mutas will be really strong. I would expect 2base timings from the protoss, due to the map layout. Overall, if you get a mobile enough army, or your opponent is bad, you can get your 4th base up (you can get your third, however when you get the fourth you must stretch your army a lot, too much even) Overall it is a better map then xel'naga, so wellcome to the ladder map pool, could!

Korhal Compounds
5M647SRRJ7T51328810500189.jpg

The ramp in your main is bigger than usual. The choke to your natural is enormous. It is all in heaven. If somehow you make it past the early game as any race, you should be okay, but a lot of builds such as, forge fast expand, 1gate expand, 15cc, 1rax expand mean an auto-loss if you get all inned. The third and 4th base are nicely linked together so if you somehow make it to the lategame you can defend very easily. You can't really use forcefields safely on this map, on the other hand any drop all in is much more effective due to the enormous main bases.

Personally I will most likely veto both new maps. From my point of view, Cloud Kingdom is the 2 base all in heaven, Compounds is the 1 or 1.5 base all in heaven, with the difference that if you make it to the lategame on Korhal you can defend yourself very easily, which in theory makes it a very nice map for macro orientated players(if they don't get all inned)

There will also be no gold minerals in the game. What are your thoughts on the new maps and changes?

Edit: Season 6 is starting "in the week of February the 14th" Meaning that you have arround 3 days to play your remaining bonus pool. Remember: if you hit a winning streak you will most likely get promoted, same goes for a loosing streak&demotion.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just noting that the second map is called Korhal Compound, rather than Choral :)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
They dont look particulary "special" to me, i would like to see something more innovative.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I agree, I had a discussion with a clanmate about the maps. He suggested these:

pHLsmall.jpg

pBAsmall.jpg

They enable fast expansions 3rd and 4th base are a bit away, but your only problem would be getting the third, which is starting to turn into something standard. + the maps are good looking :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.