WIP Map Input (Plz&Thx)

Fydorian

Reaction score
Ok, so, my idea is this - I'm currently making a map featuring six or so heroes, chosen from about twice that for variation, and I plan to have random creeps on the map, random treasures and a few other random things. Anywho, based on certain conditions, I'm planning to have one player become a traitor, at which point something strange happens to him - he becomes a Fire God, he becomes invisible, or he turns into a werewolf etc. at which point the other five heroes must stop him or die trying. But, my ideas for these scenarios are somewhat limited.

So, here's what I would like from you - creative ideas based on one person turning traitor and gaining some power or another that the others must stop in some way, whether it be activating switches, getting hold of an item for an advantage (silver bullets for a werewolf for example), or just straight out killing him.

If I use your idea partially or directly, I'll make sure to contact you somehow on the site and I will also credit you in my map, which I plan on releasing in the (near or distant) future.

Thank you for giving me the time of day, I want to hear what you have to say! (rhyming not intentional) :thup:

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Huh. Sounds quite a bit like Dark Deeds, only more hero oriented.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
This idea could be quite fun actually - the variation could be enough to always pose a challenge.

Each form should have several ways to defeat him outside combat (occasionally impossible to kill in combat)

For example, one might have an aura which drains the life out of nearby units - making him stronger.

Another could deal with '5 seals' - all of which must be destroyed to kill the hero

A water god, which can summon himself anywhere when it rains. Loses life when it's 'hot'. Goal to kill is to keep it hot (perhaps fire?)

A hero which makes spikes/tentacles sprout around the map. Over time these get worse. Goal is to either kill all the tenticles, or the hero.

Fydorian

Reaction score
Wow, that's really great Windex, the whole sometimes undefeatable outside of combat thing was what I was going for - lots of variation.

I especially like the weather-influenced water god and tentacle idea, those will almost definitly be used. The other ones are sketchy, but possibilities. I really appreciate your input!

And don't think that means stop posting people, I want LOTS of scenarios :thup:

(btw, a little tidbit of info, I'm very loosely basing this game off of the Avalon Hill board game "Betrayal at House on the Hill" which is basically the game that got me into board games initially.)

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Sounds interesting. A nice change from the usual TD and AoS style shit.

How about a hero that doesn't really manifest in a physical form, but has control about environment and stuff? Lets say he could grow plants rapidly to "surround" another player with a wall of trees and then throws some killer-rabbits at the trapped one?
Okay, the last part was a joke. But the overall idea sounds funny.

You could defeat this "body less" hero via burning down all trees and animals on the map ... errr, maybe greenpeace will not stand behind you, but who cares in wc3?

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why dont you start on the map and present something that is done instead of forcing a discussion based on ... nothing?
It would attract far more ppl if you post some screenshots, a demo version, etc.

Fydorian

Reaction score
Why dont you start on the map and present something that is done instead of forcing a discussion based on ... nothing?
It would attract far more ppl if you post some screenshots, a demo version, etc.

I would have no problem with that if it were so easy, but though I have made some progress, it's still in its infantile stages. Plus, my triggering sucks, so I'm trying to brush up on that to get this thing holding water. So....that is a good idea and I'll do that once it's not...half of a map with 2 or 3 heroes with 1 spell each.

And the reason I'm doing this is because that's the creative part that I want to be awesome, but haven't gotten to planning; I have the rest all worked out in my head and on paper.

Vylatin

Reaction score
1. What about a spider queen, creating a base of nets and eggs? The net renders the base and the queen invisible, so it will be a challenge to find her. And eggs will produce smaller spiders. The team should find the queen, before her army grows too big......

2. Ever played Zombie Mod on CS? It is kind of fun. One guy becomes a zombie, with great movement speed, damage etc. If the Zombie kills an unit, this unit will become a Zombie aswell. The team better stick together...

3. A worm that can travel underground?

4. A ghost that can walk through doodads?

Sorry for my bad english :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.