Health Medical Mystery: Student Stops Needing Sleep

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Cristina Speirs, 22, was a self-proclaimed "health freak" during her senior year of college, which is all the more reason she would have never guessed that her body would betray her the way it did.

She exercised six times a week, taught hot yoga classes and drank a lot of water throughout the day to stay hydrated. So, when she stopped feeling tired and started getting up more frequently in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, she didn't think anything of it.

"I had a lot of energy," Speirs said. "I wasn't sleeping. ... I was always on the go. I was never tired." She would eventually learn that she had a tumor the size of an orange on her adrenal gland, and that it was making the hormones that kept her up at night.

Doctors first noticed a problem at Speirs' annual checkup in the fall of 2012 when they found that her potassium levels were low, but her blood pressure was "through the roof." But they had no idea what was causing the strange symptoms.

"That really freaked me out because them not knowing what's wrong with me -- they're doctors, you know?" Speirs said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is this about? Somebody had a tumor and this is news now?

FireCat

Reaction score
You didn't open your eyes to see? Just open your eyes, read the article and you will know.

FireCat

Reaction score
Nah ^ Well, pretty smart of her, that she didn't ignore the signs.

FireCat

Reaction score
Seriously, Cancer It's not the first thing you think about!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It was up there, not necessarily the first.

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
She will be fine.... She just needs lots of concentrated cannabis oil. Proven to cure cancer..... Kemo is just a money maker for the government.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
She will be fine.... She just needs lots of concentrated cannabis oil. Proven to cure cancer..... Kemo is just a money maker for the government.

No, it isn't.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.