Arena Mini Massacre Arena II

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
2ngab6a.png

2lctbwg.png

This is my newest project. It is a re-make of my original Mini Massacre Arena. However this time the main concept is different and it is a team project. (Tyrande_ma3x and Furby are in it as well)

1yl8bp.png

In the beginning of the game, the host will choose how many portals should there be on the map. Then the portals will be scattered around the map. The first player/team to control all portals wins the game. In other words, slaughter the lot.

24fb9lv.png

From the portals you will buy units called walkers. There are 9 “walkers” at the moment. Each walker summons mana spawnlings and has different skills. So to make myself clear:
Wlaker(max 4 at a time)-> Spawns-> Massacre.

wjctna.png

Plenty.

205b19x.png

Uhm... ok..

There are a couple of small aspects that greatly change the overall gameplay.
For example: When you deny a spawn, another spawn shall be summoned as reward (only works for mana spawnlings though)

Another thing is that when a spawn kills an enemy unit it automatically get upgraded. There are 2 upgrades.

Every few minutes or so, each player will get a reward unit. For example a good healer or a good tank unit.

The spawn ability isn’t the only one that the walkers share. Every walker has a passive which activates on attack. The walkers will deal 75 bonus dmg and stun the target for 2 seconds. However if the unit dies by this attack he will explode. So basically you have to wait for the right moment to attack with your walkers.

2uztkiu.png

Well, yes, this will be the first map (or perhaps even game) where the player forges the battlefield. No, I don’t mean the boring way in we: you have to place every tree and doodad and such. This will take too much time. Each walker will get an ability that will summon terrain.

For example: My walker summons rock pathing and a few rocks. When you attack a rock it will start rolling and squishing everything in it’s path.

Another fine example is the following: some high grass will be summoned and everyone near/in it shall get a very high evasion factor.

There will be numerous things that can be summoned just by the tap of a button. (I have planned even towns)
That way, the players can truly benefit from the battlefield. They place what they want where they want (perhaps on keypoints)

The portals will be summoned at random points each time, and each time there will be new key positions.
dfzgu8.png

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
How much Mini maps are you going to make?

Mini Wars
Protect the Tower
This....

Dual project for the first two.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Dude, this won't be a mini project. The average game time will be from 20 to 80 minutes.

The MINI thing is just to make it look nice... I mean, Massacre Arena sounds... blah (hurls) while Mini Massacre Arena sounds... nice(I loves it)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Ok. Good luck! You should also link to the original Massacre! By the way... 80 minutes for an hero arena o_O

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well... sure, here it is. However, keep inmind that there are just 3 things common between MMA 1 and MMAII.

The overall consept of the walkers.

The conquer base factor

It is a wc3 map.

everything else is totally different.
click meh for teh original map
Btw, what do you think of the layout :p

EDIT: I had to cancel the original map because I entered the clan mapz mapping contest, where I had to create Spirit Wars...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.