Minigame Contest #1 | Theme: Halloween | 14.10.09 - 07.11.09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
The deadline set in place is the longest one yet, for mini-games, so calm down people.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, i wanted to have my map already uploaded but i hadnt had much time last days and i did change some parts of my project. i think it will still take some while, i ll be glad if i can finish it within time limit. ugh.

i think its not enough time for me for extensive beta testing. i hope my map wont need it.

by the way i got another question about the projects. as in all kinds of contests i've seen before i suppose the project has to be done by oneself and only oneself, but may i ask in the forums for somebody who could create a loading screen for my map?
Only the loading screen and nothing more wont influence the judging i suppose but it would make my game better for BNet playing after the contest is over.

Greetings.
Accname.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go ahead. A loading screen is fine.
Don't worry about beta testing either. I'm not expecting any bug-free maps anyway. They're only minigames which you had 3 weeks to complete. :p

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
>:O
I wasted time debugging all that crap for no reason!?
Rofl.
Anyways, it's not gonna be done in time now that's for sure, unless I randomly get super zealous next weekend.

But I think I'll continue after the contest is over. For the sake of my idea being decent.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No one has submitted with 2 days left for the contest. I think its safe to say we need more time​

Or people are just waiting on the deadline to submit it, so no one can copy them or steal codes.

Or no one's done, but that doesn't make sense.

Maybe I'll whip something together in a few hours, just for the sake of joining.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
actually i cannot believe anyone in here stealing ideas from another contestants map.
people who join such competitions are mostly pro map makers and active forum members.
moreover i doubt romek wouldnt recognize copied maps. and if the copy is that much different from the original that no one would notice then it wouldnt be that much of a copy anymore or not?

just dont become paranoid...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i am nearly about finished, i would say already 90% done...
just hadnt got any time for testplaying on BNet.

how many contestants are finished till now? i am curious.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
4 Weeks = 8 weekends​

Actually, it means 4 Week ends. The week end is more than a day long.

Also, there are people who didn't find out about the contest until later.​

Then that's their fault?

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Saturday 7th November Midnight (GMT)

Is that Friday night turning into Saturday?
or Saturday night turning into Sunday?

Cuz im worried that it's due in 30 minutes :eek:

kaboo

Reaction score
map uploaded, its tiny simple map (32x32) that takes maximaly 5 minutes, after that time you are defeated, dont try to play it alone, find at least 5-7 people, otherway i dunno if its possible to finish, have fun :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm using my phone uo post this - I've had no Internet since Thursday because my ISP messed up. The entire area has no Internet. :(

I'll give you however many more days to submit, as I'll close the thread when my Internet us back up. Note that this could be as soon as today (midnight) or as late as... I don't know. :p

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the deadline did expire but romeks internet doesnt work. its not his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.