model animation problem (3ds max)

eXirrah

Reaction score
SOLVED
I'm using the m3 exporter v0.20 by NiNtoxicated, and it seems like I can't export the animation of my model
properly. The animation is pretty simple - it's just a rotating weapon case. The model exports fine - textures
and geometry are ok.

In 3dsmax I created an animation of the case rotating which is 6667 frames with 1000 fps, just like the stand
animation of the grenades model. When I export the model the sc2 editor detects the animation as 10 000
frames long and shows no animation (there is no motion).

I can't find a tool or something in 3dsmax where I can define the animation length, fps and name.

How can I export my animation propertly?
Please help!
+rep for useful replies

eXirrah

Reaction score
Finally I found some sort of tutorial:

Misc. Animation Tips:

* Before you start to move ANY bones around, and immediately after tweaking your skin modifier, key EVERY bone at times 0 and 3. Start the first animation at time 3, keeping in mind that the typical SC2 animation is 1.5 seconds long at 1000fps. This means a sequence starting at 3 and ending at 2663 will last about 2.6 seconds.
* NEVER overlap the start/end times of the animations. Also, good practice is to leave about 1000 time in-between each animation, but it won't matter in the end.
* Make sure every vertex is weighted before animating, and that every piece of geometry has a skin modifier linking to at least one bone.
* The FIRST sequence named Stand will be the default stand animation. The same goes for WALK, ATTACK, BIRTH, etc.
* Constantly save your work, and remember to keep an eye on the auto-key toggle.
* The exporter currently does not like certain transforms on bones during animations. Always check ingame animations via previewer before use. If you find there's an animation that's not working right, try keying every bone every 100 time for the sequence in question. Failing that, do something less complex during the sequence or adjust the IK chain.
* Death animations are a SEPERATE model/animation pair.
* Use version 1.6b of the exporter until 1.9 comes out.
Autor (I guess): UltiDrgn at www.SC2Mapster.com

Where I can define animation sequences in 3dsmax - name and length?
+rep

eXirrah

Reaction score
I accidently solved my problem.
Seems like there is a 3ds max plug-in "M3 Sequences" that let you define the animation sequences
which I haven't noticed before.

Everything in working perfect now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.