Multiboard Help Needed

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a multiboard that shows the current street and suburb that the player's unit is in, but I'm making the map multiplayer.

If, for example, I had two players, I want to be able to show Player 1's Unit's Location on the multiboard to Player 1 without showing it to Player 2 on the multiboard and vice-versa.

I want to know if this is possible?

Cheers

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
This requires a bit of JASS knowledge to display to only one player.

However there might be a way to create seperate MultiBoard's for individual players, but I'm not sure if this is do-able in GUI. (havent made one in a while, sorry)

death_knight

Reaction score
how complicated is the JASS? Because if it's not overly complicated, then you could give the required code and then I could just copy and past it where it needs to be.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Cant help you there sorry, perhaps use search and maybe you will find something..

Othewise you are just going to have to wait for someone else to reply with the solution.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I never touched the multiboard functions in Trigger Editor myself and just found out that you can't show it to each individual player with GUI alone after reading this thread and was afraid the jass might be difficult,

but after a little search ;), here's the solution:

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Custom script: if Player(0) == GetLocalPlayer() then
    • Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)
    • Custom script: endif

source: 1 2 3

death_knight

Reaction score
OK, this is the trigger i got that I've used to create the trigger:

Code:
Multiboard Create Player 1
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 7 rows, titled (Game Info;  + ((0 + ((String(Time[1])) + :)) + ((0 + ((String(Time[2])) + :)) + (0 + (String(Time[3]))))))
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Item
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Value
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to Req. Value
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to Location: Street
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to Location[3]
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 2 to Location[4]
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to Location: Suburb
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to Location[1]
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 3 to Location[2]
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to Location: Place
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 4 to Location[7]
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 3 to Location[8]
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 5 to Address: Street
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 5 to Location[5]
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 5 to <Empty String>
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 6 to Address: Suburb
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 6 to Location[6]
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 6 to <Empty String>
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 7 to Car Key ID No.
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 7 to (String(CarKeyIDNo[1]))
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 7 to <Empty String>
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 2 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 3 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 4 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 4 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 5 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 5 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 5 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 6 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 6 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 6 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 7 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 7 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 7 to 10.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 5 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 5 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 5 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 6 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 6 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 6 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 7 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 7 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 7 to Show text and Hide icons
        Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)
        Set MultiboardPlayer1 = (Last created multiboard)
        Custom script:   if Player(0) == GetLocalPlayer() then
        Multiboard - Show MultiboardPlayer1
        Custom script:   endif
        Custom script:   if Player(1) == GetLocalPlayer() then
        Multiboard - Hide MultiboardPlayer1
        Custom script:   if Player(2) == GetLocalPlayer() then
        Custom script:   if Player(3) == GetLocalPlayer() then
        Custom script:   if Player(4) == GetLocalPlayer() then
        Custom script:   if Player(5) == GetLocalPlayer() then
        Custom script:   if Player(8) == GetLocalPlayer() then
        Custom script:   if Player(9) == GetLocalPlayer() then
        Trigger - Run Multiboard Create Player 2 <gen> (checking conditions)

The multiboard is created and then I've put in the code that you told me to put in (I have 6 human player's), but when I test the map in-game, the multiboard doesn't appear.

What's the problem?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
You do realise entering 0 in the column or row values selects all of them, right?

For your trigger, try not showing with the GUI, and ONLY showing it with the GUI/JASS mix.

Parsival

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)
    • Set MultiboardPlayer1 = (Last created multiboard)
    • Multiboard - Show MultiboardPlayer1
    • Custom script: if Player(1) == GetLocalPlayer() then
    • Multiboard - Hide MultiboardPlayer1
    • Custom script: if Player(2) == GetLocalPlayer() then
    • Custom script: if Player(3) == GetLocalPlayer() then
    • Custom script: if Player(4) == GetLocalPlayer() then
    • Custom script: if Player(5) == GetLocalPlayer() then
    • Custom script: if Player(8) == GetLocalPlayer() then
    • Custom script: if Player(9) == GetLocalPlayer() then
    • Trigger - Run Multiboard Create Player 2 &lt;gen&gt; (checking conditions)

I dont get it. Why do You show multiboard for all players and then You hide it for all except one? Why not just:

Trigger:
    • Multiboard - Show (Last Created Multiboard)
    • Trigger - Run Multiboard Create Player 2 &lt;gen&gt; (checking conditions)

And do You really have to make 100 triggers to do one thing? Isn't it possible to use loop?

death_knight

Reaction score
Well thats the idea. I have 6 players and 6 different multiboards (1 for each player), and each player has their own multiboard that no other player is supposed to see

EDIT: I still have the problem that it doesn't show the multiboard to the player i want it to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.