Multiboard Question - Tracking Team kills only

Urgan

Reaction score
Hello, I've been having some trouble with my multiboard recently.. in that I've little to no experience with them. I've tried. I can set them up nicely enough.. with fancy colors and spacing and all that jazz. However, my main problem is trying to get it to track kills.

My multiboard will look something like this-

Team Kills
Team1 0
Team2 0
Team3 0
Team4 0

How can I make a trigger to track team kills? Others have suggested the [playergroup] variable, and I've looked at it, but my lack of experience is just kinda embarrassing, and any guidance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Hello, I've been having some trouble with my multiboard recently.. in that I've little to no experience with them. I've tried. I can set them up nicely enough.. with fancy colors and spacing and all that jazz. However, my main problem is trying to get it to track kills.

My multiboard will look something like this-

Team Kills
Team1 0
Team2 0
Team3 0
Team4 0

How can I make a trigger to track team kills? Others have suggested the [playergroup] variable, and I've looked at it, but my lack of experience is just kinda embarrassing, and any guidance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Code:
Conditions: (Owner of (Killing Unit) Is An Ally of (Owner of (Killed Unit) Equal to True

Put that condition into the trigger where you increase the number :)
Hope it helps!

Urgan

Reaction score
Thats another thing too, I'm not sure how exactly to make a trigger that adds points to a row/column.. :(

thanks though :)

Urgan

Reaction score
heres as far as I can go...

Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
    ((Dying unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True
    ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        Conditions
            ((Killing unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
            ((Killing unit) belongs to an ally of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to True
            ((Killing unit) belongs to an ally of Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to True
Actions
    Set Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)

Not sure what comes after Set kills, and how I'd change the Row 1, column 2

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Code:
Increase
    Events
        Unit - A unit dies
    Conditions
        ((Killing unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Killing Unit) Equal to True

Actions
        Set Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (HeroKills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for KillBoard item in column 2, row (1 + (Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))) to (String(Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))

Urgan

Reaction score
I really appreciate the help! Numbers are appearing now.. but not the ones I'd hope for. When I get a kill, instead of one point, it gives me 11.

Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
    ((Dying unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True
    ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        Conditions
            ((Killing unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
            ((Killing unit) belongs to an ally of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to True
            ((Killing unit) belongs to an ally of Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to True
Actions
    Set Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to ((String((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))))) + (String((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))))))

Heres my multiboard, in case you see any problems with that code.

Code:
Events
    Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
Actions
    Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and 4 rows, titled Number of Unfortuna...
    Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
    Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to 10.00% of the total screen width
    Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to 10.00% of the total screen width
    Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to 10.00% of the total screen width
    Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to 2.00% of the total screen width
    Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to 2.00% of the total screen width
    Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to 2.00% of the total screen width
    Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 4 to 2.00% of the total screen width
    Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to 3.00% of the total screen width
    Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 2 to 3.00% of the total screen width
    Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 3 to 3.00% of the total screen width
    Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 4 to 3.00% of the total screen width
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Northeastern Team
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to Northwestern Team
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to Southeastern Team
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to Southwestern Team
    Multiboard - Minimize (Last created multiboard)
    Multiboard - Maximize (Last created multiboard)
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to 0
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 2 to 0
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 3 to 0
    Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 4 to 0
    Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
    Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
    Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
    Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
    Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
    Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
    Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
    Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
    Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
    Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
    Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
    Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons

Kahiera

Reaction score
Code:
Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to ((String((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))))) + (String((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))))))
this is adding player numbers of the killing unit. not a 'point' for the kill

Kahiera

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • MultiboardKills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Killing unit))) Equal to True
      • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Killing unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set kills[1] = (kills[1] + 1)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to (String(kills[1]))
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Killing unit) belongs to an ally of Player 2 (Blue)) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Set kills[2] = (kills[2] + 1)
              • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 2 to (String(kills[2]))
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Killing unit) belongs to an ally of Player 3 (Teal)) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set kills[3] = (kills[3] + 1)
                  • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 3 to (String(kills[3]))
                • Else - Actions
                  • Do nothing

Urgan

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Kahiera! I was able to kill a person in my map and see a 1 come up successfully. Hopefully I wont run into further problems with the board. Thanks again, much appreciated! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.